Electric Meter Registered to wrong address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on a issue with the electric supplied to the house I’ve been in for the last 8 years.

Last month I decided to transfer my Gas and Electricity to British lets have your savings Gas, from N lets have your first born child Power. Anyway I got my welcome letter from British Gas, regarding The Gas account two weeks ago.

So yesterday I phoned British Gas, and asked what’s happening about the electric account. The advisor at British Gas said the account could not be set up, until Npower issued some details about the electric meter. I asked what information, he replied the meter serial number and could I go to the meter and get it. Yes I can, and off I toddled to the meter and got the serial number.

I was informed by the adviser that the meter was not registered to the serial number but instead to my wife Ms Xxxx Xxxx at the address Of XX Xxxxxx road Xxxxxxxxxx. Which was very unusual and not an accepted method of registration. Not only that. but the address he gave me was a different road and post code.

He also went on to say that the database which was used to register the meter serial number to the property address, did not include our house. The database only went up to the house number next door.

I’ve had concernsns about the bill's we have been paying to Scottishish Gas and Then Npower, Npower sent us estimated bills for the whole period we wore with them (ill check to see If Scottish Gas Did ). now we are not talking about the odd £10.00 a month, my neighbour pays £50.00 a month, I pay £150.00 a month.

Any advice would be greatfulley accepted.

Thanks Graham.

PS. I know about Keeping a ledger, sending meter readings in registering online for meter usage,