Collection Cost Query on a DMP

solentshipwreck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, am a Newbie here.

Firstly a bit of background info....

I have several loans and credit card accounts. I have been on a self managed Debt Management Plan since 2007 (after taking advice from CCCS)

One of the creditors (a loan account) passed everything over to a solicitors to chase/collect. Everything is going fine however £1700 has been added on to the loan amount. I have asked what this additional amount is and been told it is due to solicitors collection costs. Is there any way I can get these costs cancelled? or do i just have to accept it?

I welcome any thoughts and advice on the aboive

and thanks in advance

They cannot charge this to you, if I were you I would take them to court on this one. It is against the OFT guidelines on debt collection to charge a fee such as this.

How much was the original debt they are charging this fee on... this fee alone would make it worth their while to instigate bankruptcy proceedings against you. Perhaps they are going to try that as a threat?

Hi there,

thanks for the reply. Loan was for 12K, I have also served a cca request to see if the loan was possibly UE, however they came back with a full copy of my agreement which is fully enforceable.

I woud have thought the solicitors would have known better than to forward the charges on to me, surely?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for adding your input firstship, i contacted cccs back in 2007 and was advised after initial contact to go on a DMP and that I could do it all myself, they emailed me all my necessary paperwork and gave me my ref number. I will challenge the solicitors now and see what they say when I tell them that they are in breach of OFT debt guidelines on Debt.