Credit Report Questions?

xboxer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First off

Hi everyone!

Have just discovered this site and believe it will help me alot!

Ok so finally plucked up the courage to check my credit report with experian last week and was pleasantly suprised.

It shows I have an outstanding CCJ from March 05 am I right in believing this will still be an outstanding debt but removed from my credit report by April 2011? (Don't know what it for.)

It also shows I defaulted on my mobile phone contract (Orange) but was disconnected and settled on July 06. Pretty sure I got to the end of my contract and I terminated my contract!

Also shows default on my mortgage but settled. Now the confusing thing about this is was my house was repossessed (bad times) but doesn't show this (lucky?) and the last 2 months payments of the account were on time!

Just wondering if anyone can help shed some light?

Thanks in advance

Your CCJ will drop off your file at midnight in March 2011, it's 6 years to the day that it drops off automatically and yes if you still owe money on the CCJ it will still drop off the file in March 2011

If you settled your Orange account by terminating your contract under the terms of the contract and paid them what you owed at that time then there should not be an entry from them, if it concerns you then

write to them direct asking for them to clarify the situation or in the event that they are unable to due to them not having the documentation ask that they remove the default (it's worth a try)

In your Experian report you'll have a section 'Repossession Information' and it will give the number of records held? if your records state 0 then it appears that luck is indeed on your side

in that the mortgage lender either didn't update your credit file or they just didn't update it with Experian ..They could of have course updated the info to Equifax or Callcredit instead?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Hi Deb T thanks for the info.

With regards to the CCJ I had thought that just not to sure if it's worth paying as its for £274 but on my report it states that CCJ's stay on the report 6 years from settlement date (probably just me not understatnding it properly) and didn't want to keep it there any longer than I have to.

The Repossession Information on my record is blank but would there have to have been a CCJ in order to start repossession?

As for the Orange info it's annoying more than anything as this will be the last default to disappear!

Will be checking with the other CRAs and Registry soon.

The ccj stays on six years from registration, but if you were to settle the account now I'm sure it would then show as 'satisfied' in which case it may extend if for a further 6 years.(I'm not sure on this bit) .....If it drops off the file and you pay it

the original creditor could I guess reapply to show the account as settled and again you'll have a further 6 years etc. If you've paid nothing for some time and have not been harrassed for it it may be better to let sleeping dogs lie so to speak.

In regards to your house being repossessed and a CCJ as the process, nope, they don't go for a ccj they go for a possession order which then moves on to eviction/repossession etc

Well I think the best thing is to bide my time just now until March ( let sleeping dogs die).

Don't think its giving me too much grief just now as I did manage to get a new debit card account at the weekend.

I've now checked all 3 credit reports and all of them show late payments on my mortgage and no defaults, so guess I was lucky there!

I am suprised at the differences and discrepancies between them all though. From a score of 900 on experian to 585 on callcredit and the record details of accounts and searches vary between them!

I guess it's just pot luck with what companies decide to use them!

I've now had a more indepth look at the three reports and equifax show a loan from black horse as date satisfied 30/11/05 and updated on 11/01/07! Being as this was a secured loan when I had my mortgage problems I ended up getting a CCJ from this that shows up as satisfied on 22/05/06. Is this a case of BH playing silly beggers and increasing the length of time this will appear on my credit report?

Also slightly of topic but thinking of SARing them and seeing if I can hit them for PPI and charges, any thoughts?

If you paid the CCJ now it would extend the six year time, so it is best left to 'drop off'. If any **** come chasing you can always challenge their right to collect this, especially if they haven't informed the courts of a change of ownership.

Hi SG, as far as the outstanding CCJ is concerned I'll play the waiting game.

I'm more concerned now with the discrepancies and BH updating my credit report after almost 8 months of the satisfied CCJ. Does this mean their record will drop of now on 11/01/13 instead of 30/11/11?

No, your file simply sounds as if BH updated their entry ...but it won't increase the date of satisfaction...if the loan was satisfied 30/11/05 then it will drop off 30/11/11 simple as

and likewise the CCJ satisfied in 22/05/06 will drop off 22/05/12

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm now thinking about SARing my old mortgage company but wanting to double check something first.

As they never recorded the repossession with any CRA, can they change this IF I was to SAR or challange their fees/costs with regards to the repossession?

Thanks in advance :-)

Hi Deb T,

It was November 05.

I've been checking some old paperwork and realised dates and amounts don't match with what has been recorded.

The dates are about a month out and there is £5000 more I had to pay than my mortgage was worth. Never Received a breakdown so now curious to see what I was charged.

If they repossessed their would be charges associated with it which at 5k seems cheap but why tickle their tum when it's been quiet for the past 5yrs and 10 months? Let it go would be my advice.

Id let it go mate it will drop of regardless of being paid after 6 years as the debt is now statute barred.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀