do bankruptcy orders still appear in local papers

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is no automatic requirement to anymore, the OR has the discretion to not do it (which most exercise) the only place that is done in all cases is the London Gazette.

It was changed a while ago and i am sure if you needed to could track down the source.

Vanderpelt Vs Monument "won" (5 mins before court)

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Natwest WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Marbles WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Vs HFC (2 PPI, both WON)

A record of your bankruptcy will be kept on the bankruptcy register until three months after you are discharged.

A record will also exist in the London Gazette as the official receiver administering your bankruptcy is required to advertise your bankruptcy there possibly the local newspaper.

The London Gazette is an official newspaper of the Crown and in many cases its notices are statutory in nature and used in legal proceedings.

It contains a wide range of official notices including corporate insolvency and personal bankruptcies. Hence, the London Gazette is widely used by Credit Managers and other such professionals.

I can confirm this is the case as it is where i have worked for the last 8 years, but i will see if i can find a link for you tomorrow at work. It is probably in the technical manual under advertising

Vanderpelt Vs Monument "won" (5 mins before court)

Vanderpelt Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Vs Natwest WON

Vanderpelt Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs B'Card WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Marbles WON

Vanderpelt Mrs Vs Cap 1 WON

Vanderpelt Vs HFC (2 PPI, both WON)

Mine was in the London Gazette only, but all details are normally held on the Insolvency website for a set period of time, searchable by the public.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

No, it goes back to the days when creditors were local, and credit reports did not exist - it was advertised and people would see that a local customer was now insolvent etc...things have changed, the only requirement is the London Gazette, but the record is public.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)