Someone else parking in our driveway

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post in the forum. Any guidance on the following matter is very much appreciated.

I am a tenant staying in an apartment and have an allocated parking space. Since past 2-3 weeks, one guy had been occasionally parking in my parking slot. It happened 3-4 times and his car would be parked on my driveway when I return from work. One day I even met the guy when he was trying to park near to my driveway & I told him that our parking drive is not vacant. But still no luck. Please advise me on what can be done.

Thanks

A physical barrier is the best solution if permitted try fitting a retractable locking post.

Pity that the OP should go to that expence before having a word with the landlord to see what he suggests. The space may be part of the tenancy agreement in which case it is up to the landlord to make sure the space is available. In the meantime I would put a polite note on the windscreen on the lines of; 'To the driver/owner of VRM *******, please be advised that this parking space is private and you are respectfully asked not to park in it in future as it is causing inconvienince to me, to whom the space is allocated. Thanking you in anticipation for your co-operation'.

Let us know if this resolves it. If not, we will think of something else.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Let us know if this resolves it. If not, we will think of something else.

What like clamping or sending bogus invoices?? I'm sure that if you can come up with a legal solution that does not involve a physical barrier, bogus invoices or the soon to be outlawed towing/clamping that there are parking companies out there willing to pay you a lot of money!!!

Thanks for your suggestions. The parking space is part of the tenancy agreement. We have already talked to our landlord. He said he will see what he can do about it. But dont think he is ready to put up a barrier there. Anyways for the past 2 days, that guy had been parking in the space opposite to ours. So hopefully I would be lucky enough to see my parking space vacant when i get back from work. Its really veryyy annoying :(

Thanks for your suggestions. The parking space is part of the tenancy agreement. We have already talked to our landlord. He said he will see what he can do about it. But dont think he is ready to put up a barrier there. Anyways for the past 2 days, that guy had been parking in the space opposite to ours. So hopefully I would be lucky enough to see my parking space vacant when i get back from work. Its really veryyy annoying :(

Thought so! Its up to your landlord to sort it out for you. In the meantime if the problem persists, do what I have suggested. If you have to park elsewhere and have to pay, indicate to your landlord that you expect to be able to re-coup any expences while he 'sees what he can do about it'.

Keep us posted.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I had a similar problem as we have a residents service road, which because its on the edge of town was never enforced. Somebody used to park and go to work at a place up the road. I used to park without obstructing anybody just making it difficult for him to get out. He soon got the message after he had to knock at my door a few times asking me to move. It also happens I always happened to misplace my keys.:wink: