Penalty Charge Notice - High Street Hounslow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) for alleged parking contravention (02) Parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force.

I visited the site and found no kerb blips which I understand are required for this contravention to be valid and penalty enforceable.

I have made representations to the London Borough of Hounslow and expect my PCN to be cancelled. I am looking for ways to compel the council to suspend issuing these PCNs till necessary corrections are made to the road markings and also to repay penalties collected in the recent past.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Were you loading or unloading?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Loading, caught on camera. It was at 730pm it was dark and raining. The point it there were no kerb blips. Surely for this PCN to be valid there NEEDS to be kerb blips?

What were you 'loading' and do you have a delivery note or other proof that you were loading?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 4 months later...

I received the same from Hounslow, but I was neither loading or unloading, and was still behind the wheel of my car, with my foot on the brake, as can be see in the picture by the brake lights on. I had pulled over to answer my phone. Damned if you do damned if you dont. Its impossible to see tiny signs in the dark. Are you not allowed to pull over on a single yellow line on a week end on a Saturday at 17.52pm at night!!! This is outreageous.

I received the same from Hounslow, but I was neither loading or unloading, and was still behind the wheel of my car, with my foot on the brake, as can be see in the picture by the brake lights on. I had pulled over to answer my phone. Damned if you do damned if you dont. Its impossible to see tiny signs in the dark. Are you not allowed to pull over on a single yellow line on a week end on a Saturday at 17.52pm at night!!! This is outreageous.

17.52 is not exactly at night is it?