More issues with the lying employer!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to post a new thread but this is a continuation of the same problem but a whole different issue if that makes sense!!!

If you haven't read my previous thread "New Employer Lied to me" it may make sense to read it to get a sense of my whole dilema.

I handed my notice in on Monday, and as I am on anual leave until Friday, and my Line Manager was on anual leave on Monday, I emailed my resignation to the Head of Department and said I would send in a hard copy. I have no reply to this part of my email so I am going on the assumption now that they don't need this.

Any way as I haven't been there that long I requested for them to confirm in writing the amount of holiday entitlement I have accrued and taken so I know wether or not I will owe my employer and asked if I could cut my leave short to make up the difference, also I am only on a weeks notice period so I would assume it would be in both parties interest to have me there working!

The reply I had was from a HR Rep, who firstly said my contract would terminate on the 12th which I am sure is wrong as I need to give a weeks notice, but I am taking this as gold as it is now in writing, and that if I wanted to cut my leave short I would have to speak to my manager.

I rung my manager today at 2:15pm (working day ends at 5pm) and asked him if I could come back to work, he said he would speak to the department head (as again he does not seem capable of making a desicion) and would get back to me. As yet I haven't had a reply!! Can an employer refuse to let you cancel holidays? Surely it would be in their interest to actualy pay me for working and not sat at home. I don't think there is an issue of how I wll behave/other people will react to me being there as my resignation was not at all negative or aggresive and only highlighted points I had discussed in private with both managers.

Many thanks in advance for the help!

Your holiday is booked and partially taken - so yes, they can refuse to allow you to cut it short. But they haven't refused, you simply haven't had an answer. Maybe they are busy doing other things.