Jump to content

under 18 benefit help needed please. scotland.


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi, posting on behalf of a friend of mines.


he is a lad of 17, 18 in march of next year i belive.


he has had to move out of his parents house due to a strained relationship. he has started renting a room in a shared house. his rent is set at £90 per week inclusive of utility bills etc.


when he first moved in to the place a few months ago he was in receipt of income support but that was cancelled and he was told to sign up to jobseekers allowance. he has been to the dwp and tried unsuccessfully to open a claim. the reason for this he was told was that his housing benefit wouldnt match his rent and there was too much of a shortfall for him to reasonably make up with his jsa allowance.


can anyone offer sone advice on this situation?


he was advised to ask his landlord for a rent reduction, but is worried that he will be made homeless.


thanks, rabhip

scottish **** i am! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...