Wandsworth PCN - Incorrect Contravention Code?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

First post as just received my first ever parking ticket, very grateful for any advice!!

Got a ticket this morning in Putney (Wandsworth borough) after parking on street. Parked within a bay to go to post office, directly opposite me there was a sign saying that parking was residents and pay & display, so went and paid for a ticket at the machine, which was on my side of the road on the corner with the next street. Displayed ticket and went away.

Came back to discover PCN much to my horror. Upon walking further up the road discovered that the three car bay I was parked in was residents only. Sign not visable from my car but probably should have thought to go have a look considering how evil London councils are. Looked at ticket and it was issued under the following code:

Code 12:

Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place. Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place

Futher down the list on their website is Code 19:

Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place displaying an invalid permit, an invalid voucher or an invalid pay & display ticket. Parked in a resident or shared use bay displaying an invalid permit or ticket.

Surely I fall into code 19 since I did actually buy and display a ticket?!! Suspiciouly Code 12 is much higher fine than code 19. Spoke to them on the phone and they said that they always issue code 12 for stuff like that, and that even if I had displayed a ticket it wasn't valid for that parking bay so it's code 12, but surely the point of having the code 19 for less serious offences is to take into account people who try to pay but make a mistake!! They have said they will appeal it and will look at all details associated with my ticket (not sure I believe them.. hmm...) but would appreciate advice so much. Have never had a parking ticket before and have cried at my poor hubby over it (pathetic I know but it's a lot of money to me!)

Thanks in advance,

Em