DCA Gets name on correspondence wrong...

Halibutt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a DCA is chasing a debt and gets the alleged debtor's name slightly wrong, what would be the ramifications of this?

For instance, they address correspondence to Miss P A A Smith, when the name is actually Mrs P A Smith.

I know it's maybe a bit pedantic, but technically - in the above example, one could mark the envelope as "Not known at this address, return to sender".

Taking it to an extreme, if a DCA or their solicitor then tried to serve papers for a CCJ and got the name wrong (as above) would it be thrown out on a technicality? Would they then need to start again?

Afterall, if the muppets can't even get a debtor's name correct, even if their phone monkeys had been informed of the error...?

My cut & pasted CCA dated 2004 from Barclaycard lists my D.O.B. as a year out! and I am supposed to have signed this off!

Hang on to that one, it would cast a lot of doubt on anything they come up with in the future

David