Can i claim PPI back having not used it as i didn`t know i had it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan of 10k that came with ppi(i`m not sure how, if or whether i asked for it) i defaulted in march 09 after being made redundant and to this day there is a bout 3.5k outstanding. I wrote RBS/direct line after contacting the consumer credit council asking to reduce my payments to zero while i was unemployed as i hadn`t signed on because i wasn`t aware that i could, but they refused. I later sent off for my consumer credit agreement which although almost illegible show a computer printed tick selecting ppi.

My question is;

Would them not informing me that i had ppi when contacting them about my situation mean that i could claim?

Many thanks

Baldwelder,

I believe you may have a chance to claim back the PPI, particularly as you did not even know you had it.

I suggest you post the details of you loan up, removing any personal information of course and someone will help to make the calculations.

Then write to Direct Line stating you believe the policy was mis-sold and request refund of all premiums paid, plus associated interests.

Good luck

DJ