• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dsar returned from ltsb want to get ppi claim in now help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers, I put a SAR request into LTSB for the OH and got a couple of replies with conflicting information.

The background Part One:

SAR'd LloydsTSB and they sent the DPA DSAR application form. I asked for all information relating to a certain account, loans, credit cards and all other information held on the OH. The part that asked for a signature or a branch to pick the information up from, I choose the pick up from a certain branch, as all caggers recommend no signatures.

I got a letter from Customer Care LTSB Insurance (for PPI purposes) in Newport on the 16 Aug 10 stating that DSAR was received and they had 40 days blah blah blah and the information would be sent recorded delivery by the 06 Sep 10. Happy days, however on the original DPA DSAR from LTSB I stated I would pick up from my certain branch???

Anyway background Part Two:

Got a letter dated 25 Aug 10 from LTSB DSAR Team (received 06 Sep 10), 2 weeks after postage??? That DSAR documents have been sent to my certain bank for pick up within the month. This leaving me not even 2 weeks to pick up the documents (l live abroad by the way and I get all my other letters after about 2/3 days after the date stamp on the envelope, but I'd made arrangements to be back in god's country for the date the information was due, but it's passed). It stated must show letter and passport/driving licence to pick up the documents. Well, I found this quite strange when the LTSB Insurance department sent me the documents via recorded delivery and I received them after 2 days (I signed for them today). I also have to point out that the PPI paperwork also held sensitive personal information, addressees, bank details and medical information. So my question is, why can one department in LTSB send out paperwork recorded delivery (that holds very personal data) without me verifying my identity, when the other department (DSAR team) insist I have to go to my choosen bank to pick the rest up with my OHs identification? Just even thinking about it, surely this must break some laws and open them up to litigation not only for reclaiming PPI being missold (the orignal reason for the DSAR) but for not following their own regulations. If I am wrong, I'm sure what they have done to the OH is illegal?? I only ask as I'm about to write a ****ogram to them and demand the outstanding requested information is sent registered post or I'll take further action with the ICO and possibly court. As the information could be used for id theft, blackmail etc cheers PM

progress.gif

Edited by penmarine
miswritten

• 1 month later...

Hi CAGGERS, PPI specific query here. Background info, the other half got a loan out in Jun 07 with LTSB (it included PPI/LPI) it ran for 9 days before the other half got a bigger one to consolidate other debts (it also included PPI/LPI) at the time of both loans being taken out the other half was in full time employment, UK resident blah blah blah. We paid the loan until hard times hit in Apr 09 and we went into a DMP. After advice from CAG, I sacked the DMP earlier this year, and put just about all accounts into dispute including the LTSB which is being ran by in house debt collectors AIC (this account is in dispute has been since July 10). Now in Apr 08 time, I had to move away with work, the other half spoke with the bank regarding using PPI. She was told no it could not be used as she was voluntarily leaving her job, the fact she’d have been homeless was irrelevant! The fact that we could not have afforded to live apart, did not come into it, hence getting out PPI just in case this sort of thing happened. The bank didn’t care, I paid the loan as long as I could until I couldn’t pay it anymore in Apr 09. Now I DSAR’d the bank and got PPI info back, I would have scanned it on here but I think they have used the shiniest paper available so it doesn’t scan properly, I’ll try taking pictures later see if that works. So here is the info for the two loans and how they have been broken down:

1st Loan 01 Jun 07 – 09 Jun 07 Loan Amount £5000 LPI/PPI £862.78 Total Loan £5862.78

Monthly repayment Cash Loan £163.43 PPI £28.20 Total Monthly repayment £191.63. 36 Monthly Repayments. APR 11.40%

Total amount payable Cash Loan £5883.48 PPI £1015.20 Total £6898.68

Just below it has other financial information

Total Charge for Credit Cash Loan £883.48 LPI Loan (on cash price £862.78) £152.42 Total Loan £1035.90 APR 10.89%

2nd Loan 09 Jun 07 – 09 Jun 10 Loan Amount £14521.53 LPI/PPI £2410.52 Total Loan £16932.05

Monthly repayment Cash Loan £456.60 PPI £75.79 Total Monthly repayment £532.39. 36 Monthly Repayments. APR 8.5%

Total amount payable Cash Loan £16437.60 PPI £2728.44 Total £19166.04

Just below it has other financial information

Total Charge for Credit Cash Loan £1916.07 LPI Loan (on cash price £2410.52) £317.92 Total Loan £2233.99 APR 8.23%

Now I’ve worked it out to be a PPI refund of the following amount (not including interest) £4213.98. Is this figure correct as it will pay the vast majority of the outstanding balance. As I still have to put a bank charges claim in when the other package turns up which will cover the rest of the balance. As I have no intention of paying LTSB anything until I get refunds. Any help greatly appreciated PM

Penmarine,

Did your OH get a refund of PPI from the first loan when she took out the second loan?

DJ

Hi DJ she did get a refund of sorts it was about 780 quid, but she never physically got to see it, if that makes sense. It went towards paying the outstanding amount off the 1st loan when the 2nd loan was taken out. PM

So you can claim the difference between cost of PPI and the amount of refund for starters. Then 8% simple interest from the date of charge until the date they refund her money. As you cannot know the date of any possible refund at this stage, I suggest you use 30/11/10 for the purpose of your calculations.

I have also attached a spreadsheet for the calculations on loan 2.

Now go get back what use are due. Remember to send all letters by special delivery and keep receipt as proof of purchase.

LTSB will have 8 weeks to investigate the case and come back to you with a response.

If they do not offer a final response within 8 weeks, or indeed they make an offer you are not satisfied with, you can refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

This also applies if LTSB come back with the excuse they been using lately about all cases are on hold bending the outcome of a court case. This is total rubbish and you should continue with your claim anyway.

Good luck

DJ

So you can claim the difference between cost of PPI and the amount of refund for starters. Then 8% simple interest from the date of charge until the date they refund her money. As you cannot know the date of any possible refund at this stage, I suggest you use 30/11/10 for the purpose of your calculations.

I have also attached a spreadsheet for the calculations on loan 2.

Now go get back what use are due. Remember to send all letters by special delivery and keep receipt as proof of purchase.

LTSB will have 8 weeks to investigate the case and come back to you with a response.

If they do not offer a final response within 8 weeks, or indeed they make an offer you are not satisfied with, you can refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

This also applies if LTSB come back with the excuse they been using lately about all cases are on hold bending the outcome of a court case. This is total rubbish and you should continue with your claim anyway.

Good luck

DJ

Hi DJ, should I include the further information loan information onto the refund amounts? As I'm contemplating just putting a figure in that adds to the amount that is owed. This would include the PPI refund and interest for both PPI refunds, CCA and DSAR requests, postage costs, time and amounts it would have cost me to use a solicitor (use a solicitor flat rate, which the last time I looked was £120/hr)? PM

Penmarine,

You can submit one claim for the two loans if that is what you mean, yes.

Personally I do not have any experience or know of anyone who has claimed legal costs in relation to a PPI claim and would be very surprised if LTSB were willing to pay them. In fact I very much doubt it and believe this would discredit your claim.

Just stick with the PPI cost, compound interest and 8% would be my suggestion, but of course entirely your decision.

DJ

Penmarine,

You can submit one claim for the two loans if that is what you mean, yes.

Personally I do not have any experience or know of anyone who has claimed legal costs in relation to a PPI claim and would be very surprised if LTSB were willing to pay them. In fact I very much doubt it and believe this would discredit your claim.

Just stick with the PPI cost, compound interest and 8% would be my suggestion, but of course entirely your decision.

DJ

Hi DJ, just going to go with the the second loan refund as I've worked the OH's bank charges refunds and it more than covers what the bank want. Hopefully they will just clear the debt and not bother her again. Will keep you updated on how it goes. Cheers PM

Edited by penmarine
Missed a bit