Special delivery for next day. No tracking information?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did special delivery "guaranteed next day by 1pm" on Thursday. I've been on RM website to track the item and I keep getting the same message:

Special Delivery™ Next Day items are first tracked when they have reached our mail centre. This may be late in the evening on the day the item was sent.

Erm, the delivery was bought and paid for on Thursday, with a guranteed delivery for Friday by 1pm. It's now Monday evening. Does the above message mean that my mail is likely to be still sat in the Post Office where I handed it over? I've never had a problem with special delivery before.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Does the above message mean that my mail is likely to be still sat in the Post Office where I handed it over?

Possibly... although I can't see how that could happen. Call RM first thing in the morning and ask them - they will be able to see the full tracking details, rather than just the limited information you can see on the website.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.