Jump to content

I've overpaid council tax


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



(I hope I've posted in the right forum!)


I need some advice. I've been overpaying council tax and rent for some time now and I'm trying to get a refund. My council are saying because I didn't tell them when I got the first calculation sheet in the post, I can't reclaim my money. I think this is atrocious, as I gave them my payslips, which had my annual salary in it, so I as I see it, they are at fault and should be paying me back my money owed.


Also, as the government can claim back tax arrears, why can't I?


If anyone could point me to anywhere where I can get legal advice about this or help me in any other way - thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest Old_andrew2018

You could try CAG or a free law centre if one exists in your area, or you might want to visit your local councillor at one of their advice surgeries,

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...