style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son had his car clamped and removed due to no road tax, there was a £265 cost to release the car plus submission of road tax. My son then sold the car on, some months later court letters came through the post, stating that a fine of £600 had been issued. I drafted a letter explalaining his circumstances (being out of work) and offered a £50 a month payment. The next thing was a bailiffs note pushed through the door for £935, my son rang the bailiff and explained his circumstance as he couldn't afford any more than £50 a month. The bailiff said that they would get back to him, which didn't happen. the next thing was yet another enforcement note being put through the letterbox, I rang the bailiff explained his circumstances and offered £50 each month which wasn't acceptable, they demanded £120 a month which I agreed to as I would make the shortfall. The following day @ 7am my front door was being , hammered on. My daughter answered the door as she was the only person in, it was this bailiff demading payment or they would get a locksmith and police to gain entry.

I again contacted the bailiff who was demanding a minimum of £300 each month, I explained what we had agreed the previous day but was in denial about any agreement. To avoid any further action I agreed to pay the £300 each month, and gave my card details which didn't take any money out of my account for 2 weeks. Then low and behold 4 days later another £300 had been paid out to Marstons, this payment had not been authorised by me. Currently more funds are being processed out of my account of which I currently have no visability of.

Are bailiffs allowed to take a payment of a debit card without authorisation?

If you have not authorised these payments in writing then I suggest you immediately report the card as stolen, they have no right to take money without consulting with you first. What was the fine of £600 for and did your son have any konwledge of a court case prior to getting notice some months after selling the car?

WD

My son had knowledge and forwarded his explanation, which wasn't accepted.

£600 fine was for no road tax, might I add that the car had been parked up for 8 months on what was thought to be a private car park, but turned out not to be.

One payment had been authorised but no others.

no they are not , if you contact marstons office explain the above to them , any un authorised payments would be refunded immediately. have you checked with your bank exactly what payments have been taken .

Dream on! I wish bailiffs did work like that. You need to follow previous advice and cancel your card. It's the only way to guarantee they won't take any payments. As you have discovered bailiffs lie through their teeth! As a general rule of thumb, if they open their mouth, they're lying!