Being taken to court....advice needed.

Series3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

just need a bit of advice..

My brother is being taken to court over some building work he did as a sub-contractor.

He is going to put a defence in, just a holding one .

this is what happened

He builds conservatory bases and for this one company he has built around 400 without any problems at all.

On one of them, after it had been up for a couple of years, it started to sink slightly only after the water board installed the pumping station..

Now the water board had put in a pumping station near to the base and fitted acoustic shielding because of the noise.. but he will be putting in his defense saying that the vibration from this station was the cause of the base failing. Something to do with vibration causing the clay to emulsify or something..he knows all that. He had no knowledge of the intention from them that a pumping station would be sited other wise extra foundations would have been put in place.

What he wants to ask is ....How should he ask the company for the records of all the work he has done for them.

thanks in advance

series3

I am hoping he will be posting himself...but ..

they are saying it was not fit for purpose, he thinks that it should be the water board they should be sueing, all his other work was the same as this one. Should it be like a SAR? or some CPR to get the information.

any advice would be welcomed.

If my advice helped you please click my star

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

Are you referring to a bore-hole to extract water, these are known to cause a drying out of surrounding soil and could have been responsible for the damage