SCS Furniture

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Purchased an expensive suite of furniture, within 4 weeks cushions flat and when they sent a rep out he said that it was a sit in sofa and not a sit in sofa. Have also paid for guardsman which is a joke as that just covers me for spot cleaning by a company, so sofa now looks very shabby and like an unmade bed. Numerous letters to SCS and they are not replying, and will not offer a replacement or refund. Any ideas what I could do next. Been told if I go to small claims court I could be liable for their court costs also if I lose

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum where hopefully you'll get some help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Where have you moved it to MD52 :???: lol .....

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi HB

You need to send them a letter not fit for purpose..amend to suit

On the Date I bought/placed an order ref number *** , and received on the Date recieved

I have discovered that the item has the following problems, ........ Having had a visit from your

Inspector and numerous letters sent to your selves I am still not satisfied with the reasons of

Said faults and solutions to remedy these problems…

In my opinon is not a solution.

The sale of goods Act 1979 makes it an implied term of The contract that goods be as described of

Satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.As you are in breach of contract I am entitled to have the

Item replaced or repaired and I would request that you confirm that you will do this in the next 7

Days.

I also require you to confirm whether you will arrange for the item to be collected or will

Reimburse me for the cost of returning it.

hope this helps..it worked for me ;-) was sorted in a week good luck

Tills

• Haha 1

You could also add that failure to comply with your request would result in an immediate complaint to the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards ... don't forget to send your letter at least 'Recorded Delivery' ....so you can track it's receipt .....

Best of Luck ....:-)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Have now had a photo of the suite taken by the Evening Post for publication on Friday with an article, the next step is the letter and then a letter if not satisfied with the copy of the article. Again many thanks.

Wow ! you don't mess about Hazel ...they'll be sorry they tangled with you ........ 8-)

I had thought of suggesting threatening them with 'Watchdog' , but the local paper will do for a start ... lol!

btw , have you told them it's going to be in the Evening Post ...or do you want to surprise them?? :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

I think you might have a result in a few days Hazel :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 2 weeks later...

We had the exact same problem with SCS Bristol (Cribbs Causeway) they sent out the repair guys as we also took out the extra warranty...........it was a joke, they put it down to normal wear and tear at 3 months old!! We spent £4000 on 2 3 seater leather sofas, printed a story in the BEP reported them to Trading Standards and they still wouldn't help.

We've now given up but will never buy from them again and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy!

• 2 months later...

How old is the suite?

Less than 6 months - tell SCS that you would like them to have an independant report carried out on suite as within the 6 month period the burdon of proof under SOGA is with the retailer to prove there is not a fault.

More than 6 months - get your own report carried out and if manuf fault they cannot refuse to take action

btw Hazel . If you're still out there somewhere ..... how did you get on with SCS after your local paper ran it ! ? :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I'd love to hear how Hazel got on.

I've juast draughted a letter from a solicitor. My sofa cost me £1400 and frame broke two years later. Its also two halves of two different looking sofas bolted together (!!) cushions have gone baggy and mottled effect is wearing off one one side.

DONT EVER BUY FROM SCS!!! Rubbish!

I have not even had my sofa yet, but am already having problems with poor customer service. Please see my blog for more information on how we all can make companies who do not seem to care take note of their customers views. (serendipity online marketing blog item 122 for more info.)

Purchased an expensive suite of furniture, within 4 weeks cushions flat and when they sent a rep out he said that it was a sit in sofa and not a sit in sofa. Have also paid for guardsman which is a joke as that just covers me for spot cleaning by a company, so sofa now looks very shabby and like an unmade bed. Numerous letters to SCS and they are not replying, and will not offer a replacement or refund. Any ideas what I could do next. Been told if I go to small claims court I could be liable for their court costs also if I lose

• 3 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

• 5 months later...

I am happy to support you and other unhappy ScS customers to get justice done - I bought a ScS Sofa a couple of years ago worth £600 and starting peeling badly last year - I contacted them and they would not take responsibility and kept fobbing me off so after a couple of complaint letters they said it had been my fault as a result of cleaning the sofa (which I did after the peeling occurred) so I am in the process building ScS Sofas complaints profile so ScS sofas wish they hadn’t messed with me.

This is the ScS Sofas complaints Facebook profile I started so please ‘like’ it and start telling everyone to expose them for what they really are.

Please visit my 'SCS Sofas - Complaints' page on facebook