Insurance Co paying out while claim is disputed

Dacorumdebtor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Looking for advice on a car insurance issue. Last June someone knocked at my daughters door to say their car had rolled into another car. Daughters husband out so she asked them to call him next day. The owner of the car said we couldn't see car as it was at the garage for the repairs. All went quiet till last week when son-in-laws insurers informed him claim was to be settled. There is no photographic evidence of claim, only a family member who "witnessed" it. The cost of claim is approx £200, but this is going to increase premium by £360pa and wipe out 2 years NCD.

How can we fight this? All ideas welcome!:-x!

She told them about the visit, she was advised to take photos of her car indicating damage. We took photos of her ca,r but there was no damage. we also took the advice of insurer to contacat 3rd party to ask to view car, our request was not granted by 3rd party.

So, someone 'claims' that your daughters car hit theirs. There is no damage to er car. They will not let you see the alleged damage. And now, her insureres say they will pay?

Did your daughters car actually roll and hit their car at all? What does the insurer actually say about this? Unless you are aware that her car actually did roll, I would fight this one.

Hi Dennis,

When my son in law and I looked at her car there was no visible damage at all, we took photos in support which the insurer has. We struggled to drive the car with handbrake on, so we felt it was a [problem] and told insurer so. Her insurer says she had witness who turns out to be her sister. Our problem, how do we fight it? The renewal is due next week, they have taken the ncd earned to date and increased the premium.