Lloyds Overdraft & SCM

WillR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In August 2009 I had my contract cancelled and was made unemployed. I have a large overdraft and was obviously concerned that I would not be able to meet the interest and account charges on this account.

I wrote to my Bank in August 2009 requesting a cessation of interest and charges on this account whilst I went through a difficult period of unemployment. This letter was not acknowledged nor responded to. At that stage I was approximately £400 pounds below my overdraft limit of £4000. I wrote again in February 2010 and asked them why Lloyds Bank has not assisted me and confirmed I was still unemployed and could not meet the charges or interest that were being added to the account, charges and interest that had now pushed me over my original overdraft limit. Again this letter went unanswered.

Several months down the line, SCM contacted me stating that I was X hundred pounds over my overdraft limit and wanted immediate payment or I’d face legal action. I contacted them and confirmed that I was still unemployed and requested an explanation as to why I was still be penalised with the charges and interest on the overdraft when I had made it clear that I would not be able to meet these payments since I was not in receipt of any benefits or income. Again this letter went unanswered.

In September, I made arrangements to borrow some money and pay £10 p/m into my account. I wrote to SCM and offered to pay £10 per month into my account whilst I remain unemployed, upon confirmation that interest and charges would be ceased. I duly paid in the amount I offered pending their response. I received no response.

I received a letter from SCM in October headed 'Notice of Court Proceedings' stating I had been withholding payment and would be subject to legal action unless I contacted them within 14 days. I forwarded a further copy of my previous letter to them confirming again my offer, and asking why they have not had the courtesy to respond to it.

Last week I went to pay £10 into my account as per my offer to them (an offer which has still not been acknowledged) only to be told that my account has been closed. I’ve received no notification of that whatsoever.

I have no idea where I go from here, clearly the have ignored my offer and are instigating legal action. What can I do?

SCM are Lloyds in house sols, so technically Lloyds still have this in their lap, just another office.

Now is a very good time to use Lloyds own complaints procedure and you need to exhaust it before escalating it to the FOS.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/contact_us/complaints_procedure.asp

Very good of them to close the account so that you can't pay anything into it, idiots. Be aware that we own 43% of Lloyds banking group, so you could ask them to reduce the amount they say is owed by that amount, not that they care, they still don't get it do they!

I do believe eric daniels is still in the CEO driving seat, here's his email address should you require a reply to why they believe they can ignore it's customers and continue to treat them with impunity.

[email protected]

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've had three debts with Lloyds TSB for over 4 years. Until recently I was burying my head in the sand over my debts, but not any longer. They have passed them between various DCA's and not taken any action against me personally. Two are now showing settled on my credit account as they've sold them on. I'm happier to be dealing with a DCA than Lloyds!

Make sure you have no other accounts within the Lloyds Group of Companies.

I have an account with Halifax, it was the only Bank that would give me a basic account, I've been turned down by all the others!

**** at their usual tactics.

They MIGHT go fo a CCJ, they do often follow through with their threats.

Best to pre empt a court claim by following all the advice given so far and then, if it does end up in court (probably through northampton bulk centre) you can get it moved to a local CC and show the judge your attemts at sorting this out. Most judges look unfavourably on CCJ claims when the victim has tried to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, I complained to both Lloyds and SCM, no response from SCM. Lloyds responded to my complaint saying they'd received nothing from SCM stating that I'd made an offer of payment and therefore closed the account!

I've now received a letter from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd requesting payment.

Is there any point in sending a SAR with a view to getting the charges looked at on this bank account. What other avenues are open when on overdraft is in the hands of a DCA?

well i have

ive just sent an SAR to lloyds requesting every single tinnie winnie bit of info on the account requesting back to the date of 1986 to when account was started including all charges/agreement/overdraft facilitie letters for when thge said i quote " the charges are there to pay for our costs"

not "the charges are paret of our core buisness " and im gona file a case against lloyds tsb.

ground work is needed my friend

all is not lost

sar them asap

Yes there is every point in sending them a SAR, claim everything back they have ever taken from you, and as for moorcr@p they really are the dregs of DCA's, you ned to make it as hard as possible for them to ever see a penny, they will usually give up and pass it back to the OC.

As har as I would be concerned my complaint with Lloyds and their in house Sols, SCM is not concluded, tell Moorcr@p to foxtrot oscar as you have an open dispute with Lloyds, then tell lloyds that you have made an offer to their department SCM and you are waiting for a response and until you do receive one, you will continue to dispute this with whomever they foolishly pass it onto, they have a duty to investigate your complaint, end of.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the support all. I’m just sick of the whole situation. I’ll SAR them, and see what they have to say. I thought the chance to reclaim charges had gone hence wondering if it was worth it.

I emailed Moorcroft today to tell them that there was an ongoing complaint with SCM & Lloyds and as and when that was resolved I would be prepared to deal with them, until that time they were not to contact me. Suffice it to say they phoned, many hours later denying receipt of my email. I said they should check again and asked them not to phone me again, only to be told ‘we’ve made a record that you refused to deal with us’ nice.

Anyway things go from bad to worse, whilst my credit rating hasn’t been great for a while - it’s been significantly worsened by over 12 months of unemployment. So when I was verbally offered a job a couple of weeks ago I was very happy. Now, having received references the agency have also decided that I need a credit check (for what in effect is an IT related position,) and naturally this has come back with some ‘problems’ and a decision will be made in due course! Looks like the job hunt will be continuing then. Cant pay off debts because I cant get a job, cant get the job I’ve been offered because I’ve got a poor credit rating! Frustrated, annoyed, p’eed off, had enough!

WILLR

Listen! dont worry bout debt push to find work try get some icome...... labour on building sites if u have to............

dont let lloyds get you down

write to them tell them you dont approve of there practice and "you " as a taxpayer own a percentage of the bank

tell them there behaviour is crap!!!! tell them to swivell for there cash!!!!

lloyds are the evilest bank ever

Willr,

If/When they ring again, all you have to say is "In wiriting only" and keep saying it to whatever their response is reading from their scripts, don't give them your name DOB or any details for that matter, this is your own personal telephone line and you are allowing them to abuse you over it and in your own home!

So take back control and tell them to foxtrot oscar, keep a diary of events with regard to their harassment, and report them to your local Police station for the criminal offence of harassment.

The advice NOT to talk to these untrained and unqualified burger flippers is sound, unless you can record your calls and are confident in baiting them, then as soon as you know it is them, hang up.

Make a formal complaint to Lloyds using their own complaints procedure and exhaust it so you can escalate it to the FOS.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/contact_us/complaints_procedure.asp

Make sure you have no other accounts within the Lloyds Group of Companies.

Random question is Legal and General part of LloydsTSB group? I only ask as the OH was with Lloyds, we got a letter off their solicitors and we then got a letter from Legal and Generals tracing team. Both parties SCM and L&G work out of Hove in the same business park. Ta PM