Swanage Council Broad Road Car Park no PCN issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received this notice out of the blue one month after the alleged offence. I was a passenger at the time and know that the ticket machines were down thoughout the car park and no other car (around 30 parked) had a ticket displayed. We returned several hours later after dark and found that the whole car park was in complete darkness (which explained why the ticket machines were down). It was a fairly dangerous expedition to our car in total darkness. There was no pcn on the car. We did not receive one by post. The Driver Notice states a PCN No but no other details. I understand from previous threads that this fine is not valid and I intend to fight it. I was wondering if any other people caught by the same council [problem] would like to join forces in publicising this shameful practice by Swanage Council

Doc1.doc

Edited by under_dog
illegible upload

I have just received this notice out of the blue one month after the alleged offence. I was a passenger at the time and know that the ticket machines were down thoughout the car park and no other car (around 30 parked) had a ticket displayed. We returned several hours later after dark and found that the whole car park was in complete darkness (which explained why the ticket machines were down). It was a fairly dangerous expedition to our car in total darkness. There was no pcn on the car. We did not receive one by post. The Driver Notice states a PCN No but no other details. I understand from previous threads that this fine is not valid and I intend to fight it. I was wondering if any other people caught by the same council [problem] would like to join forces in publicising this shameful practice by Swanage Council

If you were not there when the PCN was issued how can you possibly know that one wasn't you are making assumptions and allegations based on nothing so are really no better than the Council in that respect.

If you read the letter properly its not a PCN its an excess charge s172 request so if you don't reply you are commiting a seperate offence.

That's the best welcome to the forum I ever read. I must look up the word 'diplomatic' sometime. It apparanetly doesn't have the meaning I thought it did!

I agree for once accusing the Council of running a [problem] and shameful behaviour without a shred of evidence is in no way diplomatic!!

You - Agree???? Is it Apil 1st already? I was just wondering Greeny and meanful, what else do you do with your time? Trainspotting perhaps? Selecting the best bargain anorak? Please do share........

I usually go on nice exotic holidays, been anywhere nice lately?

If you were not there when the PCN was issued how can you possibly know that one wasn't you are making assumptions and allegations based on nothing so are really no better than the Council in that respect.

If you read the letter properly its not a PCN its an excess charge s172 request so if you don't reply you are commiting a seperate offence.

Thank you for your comments and assumptions but as you seem to have replied in this ascerbic way to many other postings I shall deny you the attention you seek and hope you find some friends soon.

Actually, it is an s112 (of the RTRA 1984) rather than an s172 request (under RTA 1988).

Only a chief officer of police can require information under s172.