Can the police call you at home regarding a speeding ticket ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend recieved a speeding ticket through the post about 3-4 weeks ago, we have just come back from a long holiday and she recived a call this morning at home which her mum took from someone cliaming to be CID in relation to a speeding offence.

She does not remember who was driving the car on the day the claimed offence took place.

The question is can CID ring you at home and why do CID get invlolved when the ticket claims she was doing 86 in a motorway.

They have left a number for her to call back ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

The CID bit has got nothing to do with it, the Police are the Police you can be investigated for speeding by someone from the sex crimes dept if they had nothing better to do. Did you reply to the letters at all or have they just contacted you out of the blue?

I am only guessing here Green&mean, but my gut feeling is that the OP didn't have their post directed to their holiday resort. So, it would seem they may have got back from holiday to find all this post about speeding. I may be way of the mark with that though, I onkly read the OPs post - which seemed to have some cryptic clues like 'been on holiday' and 'just got back'.

We have not replied to the letter sent by the police, as stated we have just got back from holiday.

Its good to know that the CID have nothing better to do than to chase up people who have not replied to a NOIP letter. We have only had one letter and it just seems strange that they would call ?

Maybe its just me, I have had speeding fines I have not replied to in the past and never had them ring me. I would get a second letter stating I had not replied and ti was a offence but never a phone from the CID.

We have not replied to the letter sent by the police, as stated we have just got back from holiday.

Its good to know that the CID have nothing better to do than to chase up people who have not replied to a NOIP letter. We have only had one letter and it just seems strange that they would call ?

Maybe its just me, I have had speeding fines I have not replied to in the past and never had them ring me. I would get a second letter stating I had not replied and ti was a offence but never a phone from the CID.

Did they really say 'hello this is the CID'? Usually they just give you their name and contact number? Are you sure its not someone on a wind up?

No it was Dumfries and Galloway police,

They did say it was the CID and it was in regard to an "incident" on the date which was shown on the speeding fine letter, the woman left her name and telephone number

Just ask them what why they called. Do NOT discuss the alleged offence in any way. No details at all. Whatever their answer respond to theme with something like "Thank you for explaining why you called, that is all i needed to know" and terminate the call.