style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has outstanding PCN's in hands of baillifs. Unfortunatly he let them in for a walking possession order.

However he has since found out that that the warrent was issued on the 9th October 2009.

Am I right in advising him that a warrent only lasts for 12 months and does the baillif still have right of entry?

Ta!

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has outstanding PCN's in hands of baillifs. Unfortunatly he let them in for a walking possession order.

However he has since found out that that the warrent was issued on the 9th October 2009.

Am I right in advising him that a warrent only lasts for 12 months and does the baillif still have right of entry?

Ta!

Yes, the warrant is only valid for ONE YEAR.

How did he find out that the Warrant was issued on 9th October 2009?

It is possible that the warrant was reissued. This does not normally happen but is possible. There is a provision within law to permit the reisssue but the local authority would have to pay an additional fee for this and it is not usual as they would consider that if the bailiff could not enforce within one year that the debt is probably uncollecteable.

He needs to urgently contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre on 08457 045 007 or landline number: 01604 619450 ( he needs to wait on the line to be put through to an operator). This is the Admin Centre who authorise all 1.4 million warrants. He needs to ask them to confirm whether it has expired and if so, he needs to ask them to CONFIRM this in writing. they will normally do this by email on the same day.

PS: He MUST have the PCN number to hand when he rings TEC.