tesco parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a letter from tesco about parking for over 3 hours which they could've fined me for but have let me off.

This sounds good but the reason i over stayed was because id locked my keys in the boot due to kids messing around and distracting me. I went to customer services and explained what had happend and that i was phoning RAC, they had me write down my name reg no make and model plus colour of car i then phoned RAC they duly turned up sorted me out and i left.

I just feel really annoyed that i did all i could then got this letter, which also says if i over stay again this could lead to a fine what happens if i break down or loose my keys?

Edited by kitchen

Hello and Welcome, Kitchen.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Why don't you write back saying that you are very sorry if you have caused them inconvienince by taking up their parking space for 3 hours and assure them to prevent it happening again, you will in future shop at Sainsbury's/Asda. Oh, and thank them for not issuing a fine against you.

In reality, they cannot 'fine' you and I believe using the term 'fine' or 'penalty' by a private company is in fact unlawful as they have no power to do so. All they could issue is an invoice for parking to cover their actual losses and as I don't think Tesco charge for parking, that would be a bit tricky to persue.

Frankly, i'm suprised you got such a letter. It must of been because you 'did the right thing' and approached customer services to tell them of your plight. Had you not of bothered, I doubt you would of heard anything at all.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Why don't you write back saying that you are very sorry if you have caused them inconvienince by taking up their parking space for 3 hours and assure them to prevent it happening again, you will in future shop at Sainsbury's/Asda. Oh, and thank them for not issuing a fine against you.

Great :lol::lol::lol:

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I just feel really annoyed that i did all i could then got this letter, which also says if i over stay again this could lead to a fine what happens if i break down or loose my keys?

Nothing. It's a [problem]. Private companies have no powers in law to fine anyone.

If you overstayed, you'd just get some computer generated threatening junkmail before they gave up.

Don't be too grateful to Tesco Customer 'Services'. Graciously letting you off being scammed is not cause for gratification.

No, but the willingness of the staff to try and help on the day is something to be glad about. I would appreciate their gesture and accept that the statement about it happening again is just a pre-written clause on a letter. Don't take it as a personal communication. They resolved the situation with you, so nothing to be concerned about.

Staff are clueless, and whilst not to blame as individuals, there is no gesture in my opinion.

A letter saying you won't be scammed on this occasion does not fill me with feelings of gratitude.

• 7 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.