Many of our clients would simply not appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

These cuts aren't building a 'big society'; they're tearing it down

Two welfare workers describe how the coalition's cuts will undermine their clients' already precarious livelihoods

See Full Story

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/nov/05/welfare-cuts-spending-review

They are brilliant articles Kicking. The future is bleak now; next April I probably will not cope with the poverty thrust upon me by these tyrants.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

I got my appeal tribunal on Monday 15th November to get my IB re-instated (I hope). Then I will be migrated to ESA next year and I may not appeal, I might just go on JSA because I only have sciatica and depression.

I'm 56 and I did try working again a few years ago and I got very ill.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Thank you for the link to that Guardian article - makes scary reading though doesn't it :( I'm on ESA following a brain haemorrhage and brain surgery. I got a total of ZERO POINTS at my ESA medical. It's a farce.

I got my appeal tribunal on Monday 15th November to get my IB re-instated (I hope). Then I will be migrated to ESA next year and I may not appeal, I might just go on JSA because I only have sciatica and depression.

I'm 56 and I did try working again a few years ago and I got very ill.

dj

Dj,

Is this you first let down medical, let us know how you get on on the 15th (Good luck fella) Esa that's another story even i will get less money methinks i suffer with back problems and i had a metal rod go through my foot and that happend as i fell, and it still hurts like hell, i have been on IS with 3 medicals in the last 11 years lucky i past all 3 but i don't see me passing this ESA C**P:jaw::jaw: God is with us all i HOPE! (He needs to be)

Edited by Kicking-Us-Off-ESA

It is my first let-down medical, I scored 20 odd points on 2 previous assessments. Then I get 2 points for the same problems (actually worse because I'm on stronger meds now).

I will post after my tribunal, a win will help me for a little while and a lose will hurt quite a bit.

dj