I'm panicing - please help - Triton

fuzzibear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first time on this forum, and I am a bit lost - so would be grateful if someone cal help me.

I have a Tesco credit card, and after a period of illness, and being unable to work, I haven't always been able to make full payments. I had a text yesterday asking to call Triton Financial, which I haven't yet done - but when I called Tesco to make the payment that I was due, I was told they no longer had the debt and to contact Triton.

I have since got a letter today demanding the £2k balance by the middle of this month. I am working again, but can't afford more than about £100 a month in repayments. I have did a search of this website, and they seem to be a nasty bunch, so where do I go from here?

Hi and welcome

For a start do not speak to Triton on the phone ever. Refuse their calls and don't phone them.

It is admirable that you are trying to clear this but you must work out exactly what you can comfortable afford and make an offer of this in writing. DCAs will always try and get you to increase a payment offer but you must stick to your guns.

Have you had anything in writing to say why Triton have the debt - are they collecting it for Tesco or has it been sold to someone else?

It is worth finding out what is actually owed on this debt and if there are charges etc that you can challenge. Can you tell us how old it is and anything else you can?

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Hello and welcome fuzzibear :)

Take coledog's advice. And above all, don't panic or worry unduly. Have a look through the information you have from Tesco and any written communication from Triton and put it in chronological order so you get a sequence of events clearly held in your mind.

If you'd like more help, you could scan/photograph the correspondence and post it here so that people have a better idea of your situation - that way they'll be better able to offer advice. If you do scan and post anything, remove any identifiable details, such as signatures, bar codes, reference numbers, etc.

Post any photos or scans onto a free image host where you don't have to register - www.imagevenue.com, www.imagebam.com are two good ones. Never post things onto a personal account that requires registration, for instance, Flickr or Photobucket.

Keep calm, feel reassured and help will be on its way.

Best of luck.

H. x

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Hi fuzzibear

Don't panic.

Triton 'is a trading name of the Royal bank of Scotland' who run Tesco cards,. I have a recent letter from them in front of me.

Read other threads as to how folk tackle this, but:

1. You should verify and challenge the amount of the alleged debt:: any PPI and penalty charges + interest theron.

2. You might wish to CCA Triton depending on the age of the card.

3. You then decide what you are liable for and can afford to pay, if anything, and offer that.

Do come back for advice from all.

Best wishes

vic

Thanks everyone for the replies - hopefully I'll get my details, and my head straight - but I just feel so down about this..

I can't remember when I took out the card, but know it was quite a while back, shortly after Tesco brought out their finance arm of the business. I was a bit stupid when I was younger, and used money, particularly credit cards, as a way of trying to deal with my depression, and sometimes, even now, I feel like just hiding from things, but I am determined to get this sorted - I am just petrified that they'll demand this, and there is no way I can pay over £2k this month.

First I heard from Triton was this letter saying that I would have to pay the full balance within something like 20 days, which got me panicing.

From what I've read on this forum, my best step would be to proceed with the CCA thing, and take it from there?

I know it's easy to say, but don't be too down. You've already made steps forward by seeking good advice. For a credit card, no matter how old, a CCA request won't hurt anything. Look at it this way - you now have a new support network and that counts for alot - you're not alone. Many people here will have been through similar situations and even come out the other side smiling :):)

You'll get all the advice you need to make a positive difference.

Stay positive!

H. x

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Send the letter in this link to Triton with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery, do not sign - to request an agreement copy under CCA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

You do not have the balance straight away this is rubbish. They have 14 working days plus 2 to reply to your request.

• Confused 1

At your Service

dont worry about these muppets they are just the inhouse dca.

just do as you are doing and pay 'something'

dca's as stated have no legal powers, just threaten people.

i bet you have a heep of unlawful charges you can reclaim and p'haps ppi too, as already suggested.

lets get that cca done and go from there.

if they get too mouthy by letter or phone/text [which you should never respond too]

fire off the harrassment letter from the library dca section tab top left of your thread.

sleep tight and forget about them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry I went quiet on this - but I paniced and rang them (I know, but I was hoping that giving them an amount that I was willing to pay may appease them). It was refused, and they tried to demand over £400 a month for 6 months, which is not possible. Said I'd hear from the legal team who would make a decision whether or not to accept £100 a month, which I didn't, just a letter in today saying it was being passed on to solicitors as I had not come to any agreement. Still no word reference the CCA either, but I was late in doing this, I'll admit.

It does annoy me though, as they would have had £100 by now if they had let me pay it, as I was willing to make a payment both to Tesco, and also to them when I called, but was refused both times for being 'too little'. Surely something is better than nothing?

Or if this debt is passed on, will I find it easier to deal with a outside company? As Triton seem to be complete idiots?

I am also amazed at the speed of this - I always assumed these things took time?

When did you send the CCA request? Count 14 working days plus 2 and then send the 'account in dispute' letter Do not speak to them. Link below

Account in Dispute letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

At your Service

12+2 working days gentleman.

now.

there is nothing to stop you paying by internet banking but pay tescos using the info on the back of your statement.

ok the CCA will just stall things you need to deal with it, and if the card has been taken out since 2007, i doubt the cca will be un-en

and even if it were the debt still remains.

pers i'd get my act together on a charges reclaim [bet you've got lots of those}

and p'haps mis-sold PPI on the card?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...