SYL ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I spent 40mins trying to park somewhere around Holborn viaduct with a toddler with me and I thought I'd finally succeeded when I found a space in Benjamin St

It was raining, was in a rush, had my daughter with me, and really didn't see the yellow line that is pretty visible from the google link (edit: cannot post links; if you are interested google maps Benjamin St, N1, I must have parked literally in front of the ticket machine!).

There were cars parked before and after, and space for a car only, so I naturally walked to ticket machine and purchased an hour parking with my mobile. I drove off certain that I was given a ticket by mistake; now I realise most likely this is actually a valid PCN :| I am awaiting to see the pics from Islington council when they become available.

I go to Islington often so I am going to go back to check the status of the yellow line (how dumb was I not to see it?!), but can anyone comment on whether appropriate signs are in place for SYL enforcement? Thanks.

Is this the spot? http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Benjamin+St,+N1&sll=51.522328,-0.105754&sspn=0.000843,0.00283&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Benjamin+St,+London+EC1M,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.520814,-0.104027&spn=0,0.022638&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.520903,-0.103719&panoid=A_OAiECj-BlJiYmU19bUFw&cbp=12,280.46,,0,20.1

The Alfa Romeo is parked in the first space beyond the ticket machine so i'm assuming that you would of been parked on the SYL behind where the Alfa is parked. I can understand the position of the ticket machine would give the impression that you were able to park there in the circumstances you described. Problem is that I think this s CPZ so signs may not be necessary. Personally I would appeal on the lines of the position of the ticket machine being in the area covered by the SYL caused you to make ther mistake of parking there. I know it's a bit of a long shot but it costs nothing to appeal providing you are still within the time limit.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Yes, that's the position. I must have parked in front of the machine as I remember taking out my daughter of the car and ringing the council's number to pay the charge. I've got the ticket on Thu. Trouble is I'll be away for 2 weeks and only back at the end of the month. Does it give me sufficient notice to pay the reduced fine if the ticket is upheld? I am also waiting to see the pictures from the council and will go back in person on Monday to check the lines.

• 3 weeks later...