Monument and harassment

noragchick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just spent two months trying to negotiate with Monument on behalf of a client. It started off as a bog standard request to revise repayment terms falling a reduction in household income but it turned into something much worse. The creditor was ringing my client (a pensioner) five and six times a day in spite of the fact that they knew about the change in circumstances (and we can prove that they knew) and they knew the calls were causing distress. Even after our client registered a complaint with the (utterly useless) OFT and quoted a complaint reference number to Monument to prove it, the morons in the Collections Department variously denied and then admitted receipt of correspondence from ourselves and from our client; denied and then admitted receipt of various letters of complaint, which they characterised as offers of payment and not letters of complaint and capped it all off earlier this week by openly refusing to stop ringing our client to pursue collection on the debt multiple times a day.

Today, I finally got their Customer Relations Dept to delete our client's phone numbers from their records an and they d all but conceded that they would be open to the idea of compensating the client for the distress they had caused, the lies they had told, and the deranged way they had ignored all previous complaints.

They admitted to receipt of our last complaint and told us to send any further correspondence to their "Harassment Department".

Doesn't this beg a rather obvious question? Why would they have a something called a "Harassment Department" unless they were engaged in endemic and deliberate harassment?

Anyone else come across anything like this? Because it is insane.

Agreed. If one doesn't regularly get accused of harassment, then why have a "harassment department"?

I would have been inclined to take such harassment to the police as, at that scale, it's a criminal offence - Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act (1970), the Protection from Harassment Act (1997) & the Communications Act (2003) s.127.

I'd take it further.

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)