• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Warning -A Salutory Tale to Help Others Avoid Same

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I post this to help others, so that they do not have to experience the same frustrations and pain I did on the realisation of what was happening.

To also ensure, that the wonderful work of this forum is not undermined by those who seek to do damage to it and its members.

It would appear, I too have been the victim of CCTV Engineer’s, - “If it appears too good to be true, than it is likely to be just that”, School of nonsense.

Unfortunately, I did not heed in time, the warnings of other members to this site like ST220, Nicky Bodmin, HIP_HOP, Applecart and others.

You don’t do you, when visiting a forum like this, because you just think it champions just causes for the consumer?

I thought it was simply people, helping other people on this site to get justice? But it is now obvious that there are mind games and brinkmanship at hand, not everyone is, who they say they are, and offers of help and advice are on occasion just empty gestures of promises of everything but, the delivery of nothing.

Whatever the incentives at play was that persuaded CCTV to write me an email that suggested he was Jeff the Solicitor involved in the OFT case Vs Nine Regions Ltd/Log Book Loans Ltd case, only he can reveal. But write he did.?

There is no doubt that this will back fire with disastrous consequences when this is now made public. Hopefully for others, he will not pull the same trick twice.

No wonder CCTV feigns connection to a solicitor with 27 years Bill of Sales experience! He is that solicitor!

I have included below, that email from CCTV’s (Tom’s) personal yahoo email at 22:57:25 at night!

I had been so wrapped up in what is going on around me, that it took my friend to point out that solicitor’s simply don’t normally send out emails at that time of night.

They wouldn’t send emails from an unconnected personal yahoo account. And most definitely, would not write such an unprofessional email to an individual that has not been instructed by them and simply sign of as Jeff!

The email is littered with spelling mistakes, which I can now see is Tom’s (CCTV’s) trademark and is simply signed Jeff as mentioned above. This is the same Jeff that I now read that Hip_Hop has been questioning whether he exists or not?

If such a person exists, it is surely not the person in the email below, nor does Tom/CCTV have a relationship with him to the extent that the solicitor needs to use Tom’s personal yahoo email account late at night, to post questions to prospective client’s who have not instructed him,?

Unless of course, you are on another agenda like Tom is than all rules are off?

I wouldn’t ordinarily comment on a public forum instead jut electing to move on but this is simply wrong.

Others may not think it matters. That CCTV is simply offering an opinion that we can all just take or leave. Where’s the harm in that?

But I trusted that opinion because of his self styled expertise; after all, he got his case dismissed against Log Book, had connections with the OFT Solicitor? Was an expert witness for the OFT? All these things built his credibility up in my eyes. Now I question what, if anything, is real in his world of OFT and Log Book?

I seriously now doubt anything he states as being fact.

Maybe someone like the IMS guy can make contact with OFT and can find out why CCTV is pretending to be the solicitor in the OFT case?

Are the Moderators of this forum aware of the exploits this member is up to?

To offer opinions as part of a general discussion is one thing but to systematically offer a judgment of value and then pretend to be the lawyer, who has this judgment in hand, is upsetting for questioners like me looking for solutions to my problems.

I am not sure what can really be done about this other than to warn others by posting the evidence for all to see in a high profile posting as I am doing now.

I have posted below the relevant PM’s sent and received and also emails swapped. No content has been changed with the exception of a small typo which was corrected for the reader in red and the IMPOSTER ALERT that I also highlighted in red, so that other members can easily identify Tom’s/CCTV’s poor attempt to convince me that he was Jeff the Solicitor!

I have protected CCTV’s email address to protect his identity but unfortunately he didn’t offer me any protection against wasting over a week of my time.

Unfortunately I don’t think I will be continuing my interest with the forum with the exception of keeping this thread alive so other well meaning Caggers aren’t unsuspectingly drawn in to his web as I was. The whole experience has left me feeling pretty deflated by the action of one of its members.

The lack of any real communication from Tom/CCTV in over 5 days, despite repeated PM’s and emails should have been a warning too and the PM to tell me not to let Hip_Hop in on the judgment. Now I know why. Well it will not happen again!

I do not believe as others have now suggested that this member is a tout for LBL, they I presume would be a lot more subtle. Besides, CCTV- or Tom as is his real first name, is easy to trace, as his yahoo account indirectly tracks back to him and his business that is not associated with Log Book. His motives are therefore not related to working for Log Book I don’t think, but are baffling none the less.

I post this only to inform, so that others may benefit without sacrifice.

24th October 2010 12:03 #28

THFC1960

Cagger since Oct 2010

Posts 9

Re: Are Log Book Loans Money Laudering?

Originally Posted by cctv engineer

clip_image005.gif

like i have said to you in reply to your email . our solicitor who has delt with bill of sales since 1983 does know what he his talking about and when he sees a case on here he will act. 5 members he has contacted and have won. lets take stubs you havent seen the outcome on the forum thats all done and dusted. trooper has had a judgment sent to him by me. and i have it here which is the same case as THFC 1960 and we are giving good info.

Hi CCTV can you advise/post me the judgment that you sent Trooper that you say is the same case as mine. Thank you so much.

24th October 2010 18:11 #29

cctv engineer

Basic Account Holder

help the CAGclip_image001.gif!!

Download our toolbarclip_image001.gif

Cagger since Oct 2009

Posts 356

Re: Are Log Book Loans Money Laudering?

Originally Posted by THFC1960

clip_image005.gif

Hi CCTV can you advise/post me the judgment that you sent Trooper that you say is the same case as mine. Thank you so much.

Hi THfc1960 i will pm you contact details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24th October 2010 18:27

cctv engineer

Basic Account Holder

help the CAGclip_image001.gif!!

Download our toolbarclip_image001.gif

Cagger since Oct 2009

Posts 356

Hi.

Hi please send your detail to the following email and we will arrange a time to talk.

regards Tom.

tom*****@yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: tom_*****@yahoo.com

Sent: Mon, 25 October, 2010 16:35:49

Subject: CAGclip_image002.gif PM

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your PM

I look forward to receiving the judgment that you are in receipt of.

It was encouraging to read that it is the same judgment that you sent to Trooper's for the same case.

I feel so relieved that by having this judgment, I will be able to stop Paying logbookloans.co.uk when I have a Bill of Sale and Consumer Credit Agreement made between Nine Regions and myself.

Really appreciate your help with providing the judgment.

I know that I will be able to reference the judgment to get the agreement made void or a similar outcome to Trooper?

Bless you.

Regards

THFC1960

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25th October 2010 18:24

cctv engineer

Basic Account Holder

Help the CAGclip_image002.gif!!

Download our toolbar

Cagger since Oct 2009

Posts 356

clip_image001.gif

Re: Hi.

Hi THFC1960. jeff will see your email tomorrow. he is only there in work hours. but he will only send it with names taken away except for the judges name.

please do not post it back onto the forum and never pass info onto hip-hop as trooper myself and spud all think he is lbl

thanks

On Wed, 27/10/10, THFC1960 wrote:

Subject: Fw: CAG PM

To: tom_*****@yahoo.com

Date: Wednesday, 27 October, 2010, 12:07

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your PM on Monday evening.

The waiting is causing me anxiety as I have not yet received anything from Tom. ? (Typo Should be Jeff)

Is everything O.K, does he have my email address?

Kindest regards

THFC1960

******IMPOSTER ALERT******************** *******************

Wed, 27 October, 2010 22:57:25

Re: Fw: CAG PM

tom *****

clip_image007.gif

Add to Contacts

To:

THFC1960

Hello.

sorry my name is jeff. Tom has passed some details on to me about your problems with logbook loans.

what i understand is you have been paying a company called logbook loans and your bill of sale is with nine regions.

we have looked at too cases were this has come to light. Toms own case and simon from the forum.

can you send me a bit more information. items to look out for. which is the name of the solicitor on your bill of sale . areas ----manchester-bolton-wigan-north liverpool-stockport. most around the north west area we can make the bill of sale void.

i have only spoken with Tom over the phone for a short time about your problem. so

can you please just give me a quick run down about your problem.

Jeff.

29th October 2010 14:35

THFC1960

Basic Account Holder

Help the CAG!!

Download our toolbar

Cagger since Oct 2010

Posts 9

clip_image001.gif

Hi CCTV Engineer,

I havent heard from Jeff on when he is posting the judgment? Is everything OK?

Regards

THFC1960

30th October 2010 20:17

cctv engineer

Basic Account Holder

Help the CAG!!

Download our toolbar

Cagger since Oct 2009

Posts 356

Hi THFC. i do know he has spoken with you but how far he has got i dont know .............. he was with oft for two days last week and i wont see him till monday. i will ask him then.

30th October 2010 23:28

THFC1960

Basic Account Holder

Help the CAG!!

Download our toolbar

Cagger since Oct 2010

Posts 9

Thanks CCTV, I was beginning to get worried.

He hasn't spoken with me only emailed me.

Do you think he will be able to let me have the judgment with personal details deleted monday after you have seen him, as I am really anxious to get matters moving as quickly as possible?

I don't as you know need anything else at the mo but am really grateful for your help and assistance. Don't see why they should get another payment to logbookloans.co.uk, if Jeff has the judgment to stop this.

Every day is one day closer to another payment that is going to crooks not to the Lender I signed up with.

Gosh, hadn't realised how late it is, so off to bed, hope to hear from you soon,

Keep well.

Regards

THFC1960

1st November 2010 20:54

THFC1960

Basic Account Holder

Help the CAG!!

Download our toolbar

Cagger since Oct 2010

Posts 9

Hi CCTV,

Hope you are well. I am nearly fit to burst in anticipation.

When can I expect to see the edited judgment Tom

Best regards

THFC1960

Edited by THFC1960