Marston High Court Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just recieved a letter from Marston saying i owe them fine £131 costs £75

Its for non tax of a car from 2003

I got the letter from the Mag court 4 mnths ago i disputed the fine but they ended taking it out of my job seekers at £5 a week

I have started working now for the last 3 weeks and had forgot about the debt and recieved a letter from Marston this morning asking for me to pay the debt plus costs within 7days

I have never recieved a letter from the court asking me to pay the rest just the letter from Marstons

Now i dont mind paying the £131 outstanding as its better than the £206 that they want but the wont have it is there anyway i just pay the £131 and not the rest?

Any help would be great as im getting stressed

Thxs

Can the court issue a distress warrent without writing to me first telling me how much i still owed on the fine

Im peed off that they didnt write to me asking for the remaining amount instead they just went to a balliff

Is there any way i can just pay the remaining oustanding fine minus the costs if so how?

Many thxs

You would probably find that the warrant was issued some time ago , if you contacted the court they will give you the exact date , the amount due , fine plus £75 will not be reduced , if you contact marston they would probably be able to put you on a short term arrangemnt , if you do nothing then you will incur further costs of £200 if they then issue the warrant out to a baillif to attend your address

I am in same situation exactly! Non tax of a vehicle I can't even remember in 2004 (had a company car and that was always taxed at the time!!!) Have contested with courts for past three months and have been told to deal with Marstons, I have until 3rd December to pay my fine now, but really needed one extra week (as I get paid on the 5th or 7th of every month!)

Good luck