Help loan-centre has taken money off me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied for a loan through the 'loan-centre' and they have took £69.50 off my bank card.i wasnt aware they were going to do this and when i asked for this to be credited back to my card they said i had been passed to a lender even though i was refused they apparantly still did their job and it costs 69.50 for a mopnths membership so i read the terms and conditions and it says you have 14 days to cancel so why wont they give me it back.i cant afford to lose this much money

Tell your bank that as far as you are concerned fraud has taken place on your account. Say you have received no service or goods from these people. If you have a visa debit you maybe able to use their charge back scheme.

In the mean time write them a letter threatening trading standards unless they return your money immediately as per their terms and conditions.

Write to trading standards anyway.

Hopefully this should get your money back within the next week, maybe 2.

Tell them you are not prepared to wait 30 days ! They told me 30 days yesterday and I told them in no uncertain terms if my refund was not sent (I requested a cheque as had closed my bank account to stop them taking more money)by 1pm today I would issue a complaint to the FSA and the OFT. The cancellation form clearly states that they will process refunds within 14 days of receipt. I waited 17 days and then had my letters for the FSA and OFT all typed up ready to go...and low and behold I get my cheque today !! Amazing what knowing your rights can get you ! Lots of knowledgeable people on here, thanks guys !

I got the full amount back. It doesnt say anywhere on the Cancellation Form that they can keep ANY monies back. A full refund means just that. If anyone should be getting money for admin or whatever, it should be the poor unsuspecting souls that get duped by these scumbags ! I had to make untold phone calls to change all my banking details,direct debits etc etc and no one uses local numbers anymore so it all adds up ! Im happy to have my money back, but would still love to see them investigated ! If what they do is all legit and above board, why were they so quick to get my money back to me to avoid a complaint being made to the FSA and OFT ? They bring out the bolshy in me ! lol

be careful they will also take a payment next month for a credit report service, they give this one month free. they dont make it clear they take money.

They take a % of what you applied for, though the lender may offer you less. they are rip off merchants.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Just a quick one, I've had the same issue, and have now been told, after quoting my rights, that I have to print off a PDF file and send it in the post to them, is this correct or are they trying to stool me?

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

In order to delay I bet they didn't bother attaching the said cancellation form (the PDF document) Once you have it, print it off, fill out and send by recorded delivery. Enclose a letter stating you want your monies returned within the 14 DAYS stated on the cancellation form. They tried to tell me 30 DAYS and I said in no uncertain terms was I waiting for 30 days when the form said 14. Idiot tried to tell me that the 14 days referred to cooling off period, I referred said idiot back to the cancellation form which clearly states refunds will be done within 14 days. You will get your money back eventually, just do keep on at them, keep the recorded delivery receipt and quote this to them once the 14 days are up. I had a letter already typed up for the FSA and told them I would post it the next day if I did not receive my cheque...cheque arrived next day : ))

Good luck !

Edited by Me2212
Mistake !

• 1 month later...

Please can you tell me how to get a 'cancellation form'? There is nothing on their page - i am in a desperate state - missed work and been up all night trying to figure out who the loan centre are and why they took money from my account and dont know what to do - whether to cancel my bank acc which has by overdraft and my dds and wages etc - everone keeps mentioning this cancellation form but how can i get one?

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...