Visit from Moorcroft what to do next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, when I got home from work today there was a hand written card from Moorcroft there. It said that they would be calling back next week and that when they do the will expect me to pay x amount or the account may be referred for legal action.

I have written the "account in dispute" letter, which I will post tomorrow, but I'm not sure whether to phone the representative and point out to him that what he is doing is illegal. Should I highlight to him that I don't owe Moorcroft any money, and that he could be any "Joe Bloggs" demanding money from me?

Can someone please advise.:jaw:

Thanks

Maybelate

Moorcroft are still advertising in the Daily Mail for doorstep collectors-commission based only-so you make it your lot in life not to give them any commission.

I would send the "Do not darken my doorstep" lettert

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Offence!

OFT Debt collection guidance

2 UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

i. disclosing or threatening to disclose debt details to third parties unless legally entitled to do so

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox, thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

As others have said, he's got no legal right.

If he does return, it's your property and your in control, tell him to leave or you will call the police.

He may walk away mumbling about going to court but just ignore because he has come all the way to you for no commission (how sad).

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Moorcroft are still advertising in the Daily Mail for doorstep collectors-commission based only-so you make it your lot in life not to give them any commission.

I can feel a job application coming on. I have form in this regard.

Incidentally, I seem to be accumulating green blobs and I have no idea how this happens. How do I find out who's been increasing my reps?.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Incidentally, I seem to be accumulating green blobs and I have no idea how this happens. How do I find out who's been increasing my reps?.

Fred

Morning Fred

In the top right corner of the page you'll see a small task bar, click on "Settings" and you'll find the list

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Fred

What are the green blobs for?

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

What are the green blobs for?

Mr W

Morning Mr W

They're "Reputation Points" that a post can be given by another as thanks'/recognition for help received

It's done by clicking on the star bottom left of the post

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Morning Mr W

They're "Reputation Points" that a post can be given by another as thanks'/recognition for help received

It's done by clicking on the star bottom left of the post

R

Hi Rev

Knew there would be a simple explanation.

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)