How to re-visit PPI claim when debt has been sold on?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Original credit card taken out with Sky Card who included PPI without my agreement -I challenged this mid 2009 whereupon they claimed I agreed the plan at the time the card was opened by phone. Their letter also states that whilst they record calls they have no record of this such call. I didnt pursue this (too many other debt challenges overloaded me) and soon after Barclaycard took over the Sky Accounts. Since this time I have maintained token payments on the account which in turn has gone through 2 DCA and has recently reached yet another. Work commitments have been reduced so I'm now going back over things like this. Given that there is no way I would have agreed this plan and the above facts I am just wandering where I should start. Do I pick up from the original response from Sky (in which case how do I respond to their spurious letter claiming telephone agreement) or should I start afresh with the current account holder?

Thanks for any tips.

If the debt has been assigned to a dca by absolute assignment then you claim back the ppi from the dca

if the assignment is equitable then you still gothrough the dca but then the dca would have to contact the creditor

if the dca is only collecting on behalf of then itwould be the original creditor

in a knutshell

what is the assignment to a dca

Just checked their letter and it just says the account has been passed to them as a 3rd party collection agent for recovery. I dont have the original correspondence that moved the account from Sky to Barclaycard but think the latter just acquired all (arrears and non-arrears) accounts from Sky. So I'm not really sure a) who to pursue and b) method of pursuit i.e. should I take the case up from the point at which I received Sky letter claiming I agreed the plan by phone.

Many thanks