can forfeiture proceedings go ahead if only money owing has not been demanded

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having absolutely terrible day with creditors!!

Have a court date for forfeiture of my lease due to non-payment of service charges and ground rent. As have been in financial difficulty have not had the money to pay but their solicitor wrote to my mortgage lender requesting the outstanding amount and they stepped in to pay that amount. In the court paperwork I noticed that they were asking for an additional £352.50 which they had not mentioned to my mortgage lender so I sent them a cheque for that amount to make sure we were all square.

I have just opened up a letter from their solicitor saying they were going to hang on to my cheque until they had a response to a new letter to my mortgage lenders in which they state that there are now additional charges owing and that they would not halt proceedings until those were paid off too. However, this year I have not received any demands for service charges or ground rent even though I have clearly been expecting one.

My question is this, can they go ahead with forfeiture proceedings on the basis that I owe them money that they have never asked for

If you can help, thank you so much, feel like I am going insane with this!