What's happened to the clamping ban?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In August it was announced that there were plans to ban clamping in England sometime in November.

I know it's only the 4th but I haven't heard anything more about it. I haven't seen any anarchy, or vast unruly mobs raping and pillaging as predicted by the PPCs so I can only assume it hasn't taken place yet.

Anyone know anything?

Takes time

white paper needs to be submitted then green paper to debate before it becomes law

some bills take years to become statute law and a normal private members bill never even gets off the ground

it could just be all political publicity but until it passes a private members bill nothing will happen

Don't know where you got the impression it would be November... Unless it was 2011. It was always stated it's implementation depended on Parliamentary time, and it was hoped early Spring 2011 would see the law enacted.

Shame :whoo:

Actually, he doesn;t appear to have learned from those who have patents for the Candlestick Telephone, Anderson Shelter, Radiopager, PRestel Computer Terminal, Teletext and a whole host of developments and technologies that have been left behind by legislation or alternative uses....

Dunno but it seems to have upset this geezer.
:-)

Edit removal of an edited link

Sad to see the BPA fallng out with the clampers (or enforcement agencies or whatever they call themselves).

Edited by saintly_1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

bottom fallen out of budgie cage, cash cow has flow awy.

shame

my heart bleeds

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"Troy"'s banter in that email made me smile, thanks for posting that link!

Looks like there could be a speedy abolition of the clampers then. I see the SIA was canned in the recent quango-cull. Don't really know what they did anyway so good riddance.

Thanks for the updates all. It looks like the second reading of the bill takes place on the 12th so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

The mods need not explain themselves on the open forum - they have better things to do.

It would probably have been removed as it contained email exchanges that I am sure both parties have not agreed to make public and it would have been removed to protect the site from any legal action.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Better things to do? If they have the time to suppress fair comment, then at least for other forum participants, it would be a courtesy to explain the reasons for the sake of transparency. Being 'sure' that the link referred to had not been sanctioned by the parties concerned is a very dangerous slope. Did they request removal? I doubt it was libellous, and it certainly pointed to the disarray in the PPC industry, something that is pretty important for those affected by these clampers.

If the Mods feel being disrespectful to forum participants they'll quickly find this cuts both ways.

I missed the link too.

Of course it is always possible for it to be re-posted. ;)

• Haha 1

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I missed the link too.

Of course it is always possible for it to be re-posted. ;)

The story is easily found by going to the edit site set up by the clamper and reading the link halfway down where it says "BPA downsizes level of support"

As the clamper has already placed this correspondence in the public domain the mind boggles as to why the mods feel the need to remove a link to it. Paranoia perhaps?

Accordcing to the HO Business Plan publiskhed today the Freedom Bill and clamping ban are coming in February. It was always ambitious to claim this could be done this month.

The relevant bit says:

" 5.4 Introduce a Freedom Bill

i. Introduce a Freedom Bill to reverse state intrusion, including:

e. Tackling rogue private sector wheel clampers by prohibiting the wheel

clamping or towing away of vehicles on private land"

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/about-us/corporate-publications/business-plan-2011-15/business-plan?view=Binary

So, hard luck clampers if you thought there was going to be a reprieve. Fill your boots while you can, the window is closing on your little [problem].

Edited by saintly_1

"those motorists who persistently evade (3 or more tickets unpaid and unchallenged)" Trying sleight of hand there by copying council stuff. PPCs have no way of knowing who the motorist was - its an attempt at purported contact issue with the driver