Rockwell and old LLoyd Credit Card Debt

mau_juaquez

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am after some advice if possible? I had numerous letters from Rockwell saying I owe them 2800 pounds for a debt that I believe is owed to Lloyds TSB for a credit card.

I sent them the prove it letter and they have sent me a pile of statements.

Does this constitute proof in terms of the debt?

Any help would be most greatfully appreciated!

Many thanks

MJ

nope

must be a copy of the agreement

tell us more of the history

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think the credit card goes back to around 2004/2005 time. I had it for maybe a year or 2 before I got in to trouble with it. They then passed it around to Debt Collecters.

From 2008 to early 2010 I didnt hear anything so naturally forgot about it.

Then when I moved they started to send me letters. I ignored them till I got one threatening legal action, hence the prove it letter. Today I got the statements in the post and they sta

te I have 10 days to reply or they will take further action.

Many thanks for your help

MJ

i'd fire off the failure to comply letter from the dca library

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That should be the one.

However, if the debt has been passed between several DCAs, then they'll have difficulty furnishing you with a proper CCA response anyway - until they manage the correct CCA, they should leave you alone. If the account is in dispute, then you're right. Remind them of that and leave things until they come up with a legitimate and full response.

Edited by Halibutt

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Well, if you've sent them a "Prove it" letter and they've just sent you statements, I'd send a CCA Request.

If you've never sent a CCA request, then my advice would be to send it to Rockwell - they have to prove that they are legally entitled to collect the alleged debt and that they have all the correct paperwork.

When you send a CCA request, head the letter "By Royal Mail Recorded Delivery" - current cost £1.15. Don't sign the letter, just print your name. Enclose a £1 postal order and write on the back "To be used only as payment for CCA request fees" or something similar.

Rockwell generally take a long time to sort this kind of thing out - if at all.

Good luck!

H. x

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

ah yes

sorry i thought it was a cca originally sent

dx

and they

ah yes

sorry i thought it was a cca originally sent

dx

So did I ! LOL :)

You're welcome.

It's 12 + 2 working days - you don't count weekends or Bank Holidays.

Apparently, that's to allow 2 extra days for the postal system.

Apparently, that's to allow 2 extra days for the postal system.

Thanks for the clarification Halibutt

If thats the case then maybe they should allow 12 + 10 days!!! Royal Mail arent the most reliable lol!!!

Hi All,

Got a quick response from Rockwell. Their letter said they are asking their client for more information and will get back to me.

I should reply with 'please dont'

I wonder what they will come back with?

I remember filling in a 'guaranteed acceptance' for a Lloyds gold card application form in about 2003, can these constitute a legitimate CCA if they have all the prescribed terms?

Thanks,

MJ

if all the 'forms' do have the prescribed bits, then it might.

but i doubt it

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

I recieved a response from Rockwell regarding my CCA request. See the letter below:

moddedm.th.jpg

They are still threatening further recovery action, but the account is already in default... can they default me again?

Many thanks,

Regards,

MJ

well the threats are billy so dont worry

they can issue defaults yes but not default notices. [only one of those and you prob got that from lloyds before they sold it on]

pers i'd ingore them now.

it'll just get passed around again.

what you need to findout is when was YOUR last financial in/out

that will give the SB date and the default date - when everything will drop off the CRA files.

dx

and they

Thanks DX,

Does that mean they can register a default via the credit reference agencies? Therefore making my credit file worse?

The last payment appears to be around feb 2006. Default die to disappear around April 2012 as it was registered about April 2006. If Rockwell register another default does that mean the default will stay on my file for another 6 years?

Thanks,

Regards,

MJ

no

ALL ref to the a/c will go 6yrs from any registered default

matters not how many defaults/markes/note ANYONE puts on a cra file.

the only thing that can reset the clock is a CCJ or you using the card or paying into it or sending a signed letter to the leeches saying 'hey that mine'

now as you wont be doing that.

you've not got long

there are ways stop them reporting stuff

rockwell sadly write a load of tosh in their letters that TBH they dont carryout.

i bet they do nowt but fwd it on to the next fleecer.

if you read around, there are routes through the ICO etc etc about measures you can take to stop them reporting to the cra's

TBH: i think you mistake was contacting them at all!!

you've got a mug marker now!

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

Dear all,

I have recently received a letter demanding payment for a debt to Arrow (Lloyds) for approx £2000.

I instantly wrote back with a CCA request.

I must have been hounded by them before as in the letter it mentions a letter they sent in 2010.

Basically they dont have the original agreement but are still demanding payment.

I have no knowledege of acknowledging the debt in 2008.

The letter can be seen in the link below:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6242/rw1mod.jpg

I just ignored it as per usual but today I also received the following letter:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5049/rw2mod.jpg

Along with these letters I have received several phone calls from them asking me to go through security. Naturally I say 'you tell me as you called me'.

I was wondering how I can go about shutting these up and stop the phone calls. They have no CCA so can they actually take further action?

Any advice would be most greatfully appreciated.

Kind regards,

MJ

Unfortunately lack of a cca doesn't usually preclude the collection as a payment record is seen by courts to be as good as a cca.

Although there is no specific sentence saying they 'will' take court action, it still seems as if they are dipping their toe in the water at present.

If things are tight and you want to pay, then ask for complete statements or sar to get them, to be certain of the actual owed amount, and then tell them you can only afford £x per month and send that.

You are right not to talk to them on the phone, just tell them the next time they ring to put whatever they wish to say in a letter.

Them stating 'previous letters' doesn't mean they sent any, they more than likely didn't but do that to try and enforce their position.

I think they are mentioning 2008 as the debt would be SB later this year as it defaulted in 2006. It is a CC debt. Do they not have to prove that the CCA was properly executed to be able to proceed via courts?

Thanks for helping though

They can put together an agreement or 'reconstitute' one which is acceptable, they don't have to have the original. A record of payments can be taken as you were happy with everything. Can you remember the last time you made a payment or acknowledged the debt so you have a firm date for SB?

Have you paid any charges that should be claimed back? You could do with the statements which an sar will get you, but you need either a letter of assignment that the debt has been bought by Rockwell or ignore them and deal direct with Lloyds.