Sakineh Ashtiani - Take a few moments to add your support against her execution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over half a million people world wide raised their voices in unison to try and stop an horrific act against an Iranian woman due to be executed on trumped up charges. It takes 30 seconds to send an email. Please follow the link below and add your voice.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/24h_to_save_sakineh/?cl=822767381&v=7503

I have just read in today's metro that no final decision has been made and someone has appealed for her pardon. She definitely won't be getting stoned to death whatever happens. I think this is the link. I have also joined the petition BB.

http://e-edition.metro.co.uk/2010/11/04/

Top right hand side.

If she did have some hand in the murder of her husband, then she does need to be punished somehow. Obviously not with the death penalty, and she should only be convicted if there is no shadow of a doubt regarding her involvement.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I have just read in today's metro that no final decision has been made and someone has appealed for her pardon. She definitely won't be getting stoned to death whatever happens. I think this is the link. I have also joined the petition BB.

http://e-edition.metro.co.uk/2010/11/04/

Top right hand side.

If she did have some hand in the murder of her husband, then she does need to be punished somehow. Obviously not with the death penalty, and she should only be convicted if there is no shadow of a doubt regarding her involvement.

She has already received 99 lashes for her conviction... That's enough in any man's book, WAY MORE than enough tbh.

It makes my blood boil.

Women in some countries are systematically hung from cranes in town centres, stoned to death in sports arenas and beheaded in prison courtyards. This happens despite most of the worlds opposition and its to do with certain societies opinion of women's worth in society. They are little more than cattle, to be bought via a dowry and then used to provide children. They have no voice, are kept separate and exclusive.

This is slavery.

Whether this woman is guilty of murder or anything else is irrelevant. Human life whether male or female is precious and a state or faith based community are committing murder when they put people to death, especially in such barbaric and humiliating ways.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

If anyone wants a good read on the subject onf women kept as concubines etc try Wild Swans, its an oldish book now but it deals with the oppression of three or four generations of Chinese women, one who had the smallest feet in all China, there is a particularly gruesome description of how they bound the feet at four years old.

This degrading of women takes place all over the world, including our supposedly civilised Western societies - how many women try to remain 'Barbie girls' all their lives and take to the knife to achieve their objectives - its the opposite side of the same thinking, women are commodities, to be traded and used and hidden when not fit for purpose.