postggj

royal mail and forced staff movement/best man for the job

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3562 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

ANOTHER LEGAL QUESTION TO PONDER

royal mail at the moment are going through major changes and one of these is a major cost cutting program.

i have no problems with that as a business needs to survive in a competative market place.

when it comes down to indavidual staff members being harassed , i step in

SINARIO

say you have a postman of thirty years and has been doing the same delivery for the last 15 years.

management come up to him and say we are putting someone else on your job as you are to slow.

WE ARE PUTTING BEST MAN FOR THE JOB IN PLACE OF YOU

now what should happen

An employee must have the skill, aptitude and physical and mental ability to perform their job correctly. Once identified that this is not the case the employee must be made aware of their shortcomings and that they are fully discussed with them, they must also be given time and any appropriate training to improve with full monitoring of the ongoing situation. Finally, if all else fails, the implementation of the warnings procedure.

THIS WOULD BE UNDER THE EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ACT

so my question is

can royal mail move this person off his job and substitue for another person on the grounds of being to slow eveen though that person does the job corectly and in the time allowed

Edited by postggj