Need help/Advice in court next week for D&D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know there is no legal part to these forums but there is some some very knowledable people who could possibly give me some advice. Please remove post if inappropriate.

I was walking home other night when a police car stopped me and tried to ask me some questions,

I was in rush to get home to see my baby son go to bed so I refused to answer his questions.

I was then promply stopped by force and asked to get into the officers car,I agreed to answer his questions but refused to sit in his car.

I was then voilently arrested resulting in me substaining several injuries,broken bone in my hand now strapped up and various bruises and grazes.

I was charged with D&D and let go 16 hours later and due in court next week now.

I did have a drink that night but it was a family birthday meal and we (7 of us) were home by 9/9.30pm from the pub.I did consume 4 pints from 2x 4 pint jugs we purchased starting at 5pm till 9/9.30pm when we left.

I had at least 5 coffees and some more food before the incident happened at 23.40.

I asked for a breath sample to be taken when I arrived at the police station since I was been charged with D&D I wanted proof I was no way drunk.This was refused although my other requests were granted: Police doctor, police photographer and a duty solicitor.

Looks like I have been shafted by the police as I can't get legal aid for D&D and I don't have £500

to pay for a solicitor without selling stuff.

Does anyone know the proceedings at magistrates courts when pleading not guilty.

Will that be it until a trial is set so I can arrange for a solictor for that time.

I have complained to the IPCC over how I have been treated and they can't investigate until after my court date.

I'm just so shocked over the whole incident and physically hurt since the police nurse missed the broken bone in my hand and I had to go to hospital myself when released.

Anyone offer any advice or know of any cheap solicitors in Leeds.

George

Hi Biggeorge

Sorry you had to go through that.

One thing I have learned is that the police are like everyone else. You are just as likely to find bad police officers as anyone in any other walk of life, however some feel that the uniform and training gives them a licence to be a nuisance to the public and stamp their authority on anyone they like.

I have a great respect for most police officers but having had a few run ins with them when acting as a witness to a serious assualt, I learned very quickly that the officer in charge was not interested in who actually purportrated the assualt but who he could "stitch up for it".

I am sorry you have fallen foul to one of these police officers. We hold so much trust in the people in public services and it is really a blow when they betray that trust.

I really feel for you Biggeorge, I am sorry I am not a legal expert or know of any but I suggest you contact your local CAB office and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Subbing with interest as I have an ongoing complaint with the IPCC.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Thanks Monx for the words.

Waiting till Monday and will just pay out for a solicitor if I can't find one who will give me any advise (free)

Have been free from a criminal record for the past 15 years now and just about to apply for my SIA Licence

which will be in ruin if I get found guilty over this.

Goin to fight it all the way even if it costs me all my posessions.

George

This sums The Police up nowadays I'm afraid:-

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2010/10/29/stab-victim-suing-merseyside-police-over-claim-he-was-beaten-by-bobbies-as-he-lay-bleeding-in-stanley-park-100252-27556778/

You only have to see the video.

OK, some people will just say "he's a Scoucer, he deserves it". But The Police are saying that the footage does not tell the whole story. Well maybe other people should say that when they are in court and The Police are using CCTV footage to get a conviction.:|

As for your case BG, I can sympathise with you as a similar thing happened to my brother down south. He went back to the scene the next day and took photographs of any CCTV cameras that was around the place where it happened. When my brothers brief asked The Police in court to supply the tapes from the cameras (because The Police have control of most CCTV cameras on the streets nowadays), they refused (failed) to supply any footage (obviously because they knew they had used more power than necessary). My brother was a passer by that tried to stop a group of men kicking the s**t out of one man that was alone.

He got compensated from The Police, and they were basically laughed out of court.

Maybe there was a camera or 2 around where your incident occured???? Worth a try. If there is, it should be quite easy to find out who controls them and records the footage.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)