Can a court order be enforced if I remedied breach in time given

canonlydomybest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am desperately hoping someone will be a able to give me some advice.

I pay £25 per month to my creditor as per the court judgement they gained in January 2009.

Unfortunately I screwed up in Aug 2010 and missed payment. I received a letter from their solicitor on 17th September 2010 saying that if I did not make the payment within 7 days that they would enforce commencement proceedings. I paid on 21st September.

However, they are proceeding with court action. I called my creditor directly and they said they had received my payments and had not asked for action to be taken and told the solicitor that they were happy to continue accepting £25 per month but the solicitor had told them that as they had commenced proceedings their costs would need to be met by me to halt proceedings.

My question is this, I know I was in breach but as I remedied it in the time given can they still take me to court and obtain a charge on my property.

I would appreciate any advice as I have been struggling with debt for some time and this is the worst practice I have encountered.

if you paid the breach within seven days and have confirmation then the solicitor can go and whistle

when and if it goes to court you will claim back full costs as the solicitor will be classed as a vexatious litagant

keep me updated on this one