Hi help with ppi or claim?

jamesNI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, here's my story. I have been unemployed for the past 6 months, and have been only been able to pay some creditors with my job seekers allowance. Today i received a letter from mercers. I phoned them up and told them i have been unemployed for the past 6 months and will be able to pay the minimum of £27 pounds by the 13th nov. But i also told them why does barclaycard still charge me interest and late payment charges when i specifically told them i was unemployed. i told them i had a arranged a small monthly payment to Halifax due to my circumstances. And why have barclaycard havent been so accomodating, in fact i remember a few months ago the guy on the other side was sympathetic, hoping i get a new job soon.

Then the girl at mercers told me I had PPI on my barclaycard since 2004. Then i thought why didnt the guy at barclaycard told me this. She gave me the number of barclays insurance dublin and that they can backdate it.

So i phoned the insurance number and made a claim but the irish girl wasnt so helpful. She said she needed a redundant letter from my last employer (which is going to be hard since we didnt end in good terms) and a letter from the jobcentre.

Then i come onto this forum and read all about reclaiming PPI back. So i am i better off reclaiming the PPI or just claim on the insurance? Thanks James

Hi James and welcome to CAG.

BC don't usually refund PPI without a bit of a fight, and court action or at least the threat of it.

Even with Hardship cases, they tend not to refund too easily. Perhaps they would rather refund it and avoid paying out compound interest which we would suggest you claim.

You first need to see if you have a claim for mis-sold PPI. Read up about this in the "Sticky" threads at the top of the PPI forum.

You also need to consider what penalty charges they've added to the a/c - these can be reclaimed in full, again with compound interest. To do this, you need all your statements going back 6 years (or more if you have them).

If you don't have them, you will get them from BC by sending off a SAR - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection.

Read other threads here to see how to go about reclaiming your penalty charges. Once you start the reclaim process, the a/c will be in dispute and you can tell Mercers they will have to back off until this is resolved.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

ok found the SAR form. Can i send a postal order?? and who do i make it payable to.

I cant send a cheque my halfax is overdrawn too.

Edited by jamesNI

Yup, a PO is fine and should be payable to Barclays Bank PLC.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)