Lowell Portfolio Ltd (Littlewoods)

jas1304

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know that this issue has now been dealt with, but I have had another letter from Lowell this morning saying they have passed it back to Littlewoods. I am a little confused though as Littlewoods have sent me the agreement as posted earlier, so maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. And so it will begin again :)

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/jas1304/Lowell14-01-2011.jpg

As they have passed it back to Littlewoods should I tell Lowell to remove the Default on my Credit File, or maybe it would be better to leave it there as if they remove it and somebody else puts it back the 6 years will start again

So I guess Littlewoods will either chase me for the debt again, adding even further charges or they will take it to court, or pass it to another collector. Guess I will wait to see. Only thing that kind of confuses me is they say they have passed it back to Littlewoods yet they have also told me they have "Purchased" the debt. It seems a little like the game Pass the Parcel except this is Pass the Debt, oh well whatever takes their fancy I guess.

Regards

Jas

Edited by jas1304
Added further info

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'new' owners of the alleged debt will auto update the credit file, they cannot change the date to suit, the date of default stays the same, however you will need to keep an eye on your CRF as neither the DCA's or CRA's care less about accurate info being recorded on your file.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

you need to be clear on a few things here:

you are obv on a phishing list

it will be passed around

it matters NOT about the default as such, no-one [should] put any new markers on the file.

the 6yrs start from YOUR last financial transaction IN/OUT.

so they can pussy foot about if they want

it wont change that!

now...DID lowlife put a new marker on your CRA? or was it [as should happen]

just THEIR name being put against an existong one they inherited?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you need to be clear on a few things here:

you are obv on a phishing list

it will be passed around

it matters NOT about the default as such, no-one [should] put any new markers on the file.

the 6yrs start from YOUR last financial transaction IN/OUT.

so they can pussy foot about if they want

it wont change that!

now...DID lowlife put a new marker on your CRA? or was it [as should happen]

just THEIR name being put against an existong one they inherited?

dx

Hi, and thanks for your input.

I have just did another search on my Credit File and I may have been wrong about when Lowell put the Default on my file.

After checking (and this time printing it off!) my Credit File I see that the dates my two debts with Lowell were defaulted seem to be fine. As Lowell wasn't on the scene when the defaults were recorded they have obviously just updated the file with their own name. After reading the letter I had from Lowell they say they have definitely "Purchased" the debt. So have Littlewoods now "Purchased" the debt back? I don't know how it works here but are Lowell owned by Shop Direct (Littlewoods) or maybe they have a team effort going on here.

I have read somewhere that at the moment there is nothing stopping prospective buyers (unless Littlewoods takes this to Court themselves) from defaulting a debt again and again as its sold from one Debt collector to another. Whether this is true or not I am not sure, but it seems it is happening. Obviously I will need to keep an eye on this. At this rate if each debt collector who apparently "Purchases" this debt keeps sending it back to Littlewoods after a CCA request I'll be long buried before it's sorted lol.

Anyway as always I appreciate your input and realise it can't always go my way. I will just wait and see what happens. I didn't really have a problem with repaying this debt over time what I did have a problem with was how Littlewoods suddenly, after a fair while, refused to acknowledge my several communications and slam on charge after charge and then telling me the charges were for ignoring them! Effing cheek. So in a way they started me off lol, so I don't have any sympathy for them when I'm refusing to pay them.

Regards

Jas

as long as it is only the NAMe against the default that is changing and not the date i'd ignore things

in otherwords all that happens is the debt is passed around on a phishing list, as it get passed around the NAME against the existing default changes.

if they are putting additional defaults on then that unlawful.

just as a matter of int.

when were YOUR last payments on each of the debts.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi.

The last payments were: The beginning of this month, and for the main debt which this thread was originally created for was 29/08/2009. I stopped paying that debt because of the constant stream of charges. The only thing is now I have requested a CCA for the debt I payed this month that will probably switch back to Additions lol. I suppose it will keep me from getting bored lol :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm back! lol...

Sorry to be a pain guys. I had this letter from Lowell about my other account with them:-

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/jas1304/LowellAdditionsClosed.jpg

"At this time we have REQUESTED closure of our account". Don't really understand why they have to "Request" closure when they apparently own this account? Also from the letter, as I understand it, I would assume that this will be passed back to Shop Direct or another debt collector - would that be a fair understanding?

One More thing please, If one sends a CCA request to a creditor via signed for recorded delivery and it doesn't get signed for, is it best to send another copy in an effort to get a signature? Or would it be assumed on the balance of probabilities the letter arrived?

Thank you very much and I look forward to some more advice if possible.

Regards

Jas

The letter from Lowlifes is simply telling you that you have won, and they won't take any further action against you for this measly amount.

As regards to not signing your RD letters, these are usually signed for in bulk, as long as on the epod on RM's website it says it is delivered then that is all you need.

In actual fact the only requirememnt you need to prove delivery of your letters is to obtain proof of posting from the post office, this costs nothing.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

A free post office receipt is proof of postage and delivery.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Ok, once again thank you very much for your help guys.

The letter I posted was meant to be signed for but Royal Mail failed, but I do have proof of sending so I will keep this safe.

So I guess I can relax with the latest letter from Lowell's (Lowlifes - you should trademark this lol)and wait to see if the debt pops up anywhere else, well not wait exactly - I'll just forget about it and relax lol.

Thanks once again

Regards

jas

urm.

me smells a charges reclaim in the wind.........

and p'haps a ppi one tooo...............

dx

and they