halifax overdraught charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just a quick query please if anyone can answer, thankyou, i havent had an overdraught facility with the halifax for ten months, they removed it as i was struggling financialy, they wrote and told me so. so if i hadnt the money in the account to pay a direct debit they wouldnt pay it and the people i owed the money to for the direct debit, say my car insurance would ring me and tell me the direct debit had been unpayed and i would pay them over the phone.well seems that a month ago they decieded to pay a direct debit for £150 and have been charging me £5 a day for the privilidge. i rang them told them i didnt have an overdraught and that they had told me this in writting so why had they payed it, how could they allow me to go into an overdraught which i dont have. they said it was my fault and they cant monitor all bank accounts, i said that surely if i dont have an overdraught i dont have one.am i just stupid can banks do this? any thoughts would be good, many thanks george

Hi George

Banks do appear to have their own rules at times. I had this happen to me once, a transaction took me into a unauthrised overdraft, which I was charged for. Unbeknown to me at the time. I thought that if funds were not avaliable then the transaction would be decliend, apparently not. I have since contacted the bank and set up an overdraft.

You sound as if you have a good case to get your charges refunded to you as you have written documentation stating your overdraft was being cancelled.

Best of Luck!

Victoria x