Stupid Warden.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

I parked my car in Finchley, quickly went into a shop to get change for the meter, and when I returned (less than 5 minutes), a warden was writnig out a ticket. He said he had been there for ages (untrue). i got cross, and gave him back the ticket. As I turned to the machine he placed the ticket on my windscreen and took a photo of it. I gave him back the ticket, so I do not have it now.

Have I any rights in this issue?

From what I have read, going to get change is not a valid reason for not having a ticket.

Having said that, when the kids have emptied my parking change pot into their dinner money purse without telling me I have always been lucky, as the wardens do normally give a few minutes grace - certainly when I have come rushing back I have been told "you didn't need to rush, love, I saw you going for change". Well, they saw me, but I did not see them, if I had, I would have gone to explain, maybe even ask where to go.

As you have given the warden the ticket back you have lost potential evidence in your favour, you cannot now check the PCN for errors that would have made it unlawful. You could still put in an informal appeal, but at the moment you don't even have the pcn number, so you would have to obtain that.

If you wait for the notice to owner you will have lost the discount, but at least you will have the details.

I think I am basically taking about ten times as many words as G&M to tell you the same thing - you need to ring the council to get the details from the PCN, either to pay it, or to appeal it during the discount period.