CRA/DCA's posing as credit providers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Further to my original thread about Equifax and Table 1 Searches made by DCA's have had an email from ICO that states

that they would expect only CREDIT Searches on Table1 and all others on Table 2.

They are also very interested in the CRA allowing or placing searches posing as credit as loan providers, as I have not been affected

personally by this can all of you who have get the evidence to the ICO as soon as possible also the FOS is on my case and have asked if I was affected by that so there is interest from the regulators lets go for it!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes but they all take individual cases so put a report in ASAP.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

i have just got reply from equifax regarding showing defaults as credit card on my file ...

"Please can you advise the consumer Cabot financial are the legal owners of his Vanquis credit card. Please advise to contact Mackenzie Hall (our external agent) that is dealing with this account on our behalf. "

My question. Are they the legal owners of the card or the debt?

It's unlikely that Cabot own Vanquis as Vanquis are owned by Provident. The debt may be owned by Cabot but where Cabot are concerned I'd treat them as not owning anything unless they can

provide the correct paperwork to prove otherwise, they're slimy toads at the best of times (my opinion)

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Brigadier,

What do you think about the following situation which is posted on the debt collection forum

My wife has just received a copy of her experian
link3.gif
credit report. In it there is a part for Financial Associate searches. It shows that Lowell has searched her report because she is a financial associate of mine.

The report gives info re financial associate searches i.e. “Financial associate searches show when your credit report information has been seen because someone you are financially connected to has made an application for credit.”

Lowell bought a disputed account
link3.gif
of mine from cap one
link3.gif
, about the time of the search. I haven’t made an application for credit.

Are Lowell entitled to search my wife’s credit report, have they breached data protection or broken any laws, what can I do about it.

I haven't seen my own report but I would assume that Lowell have at least searched that as well.

Definitely one to report to ICO & OFT,Lowell & Equifax seem to

have an unnatural relationship at present, if no credit application has been

made the search is inappropriate get it removed asap and complain loudly it's a disgrace.

Brig.