Jump to content

Problems with Amazon


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I've been having problems with Amazon for 2 weeks or so now, so hopefully someone will be able to give me some advice on how to sort things. I put in an order for an LG TV on Monday October 18th and I selected a scheduled delivery of Friday 22nd between 8am and 1pm. I took time off work to wait in for the delivery which I assumed was guaranteed, (why would they offer scheduled deliveries otherwise?), but it never arrived and when I checked the online tracking, I found it had been sitting in the Bolton HDNL depot for 2 days without movement. I managed however to get it delivered on the Saturday, but not without a battle with HDNL as they initially tried to tell me that they do not deliver on Saturdays, despite what they say on their own website! I would have put this alone down as a bad shopping experience with Amazon, but when the TV arrived, I found it was faulty.


It has 2 usb ports on the side, but what I can only assume has happened is that a part from a different model has been put onto the TV as one of the usbs is partially obscured by the plastic housing rendering it useless and the second is covered up completely.


I called Amazon on Sunday 24th to arrange for a replacement and I was told that would be no problem and that I'd hear confirmation on the shipping for the replacement within 48hrs and I would have the new TV on either Wednesday 27th or Thursday 28th. By the 27th I had heard nothing from them so I called again and was told that the enquiry was still in progress and I should wait for the email which would be coming very soon.


By yesterday I had still heard nothing so I phoned yet again and was informed that it was still underway and I should wait for the email from them. I pushed the matter further asking why they can't just send the TV out as they have it in stock and have told me it will be sent via next day courier. I was put on hold for a long time after which I was told that the reason it is taking so long that they are making sure in the warehouse that my replacement will be the correct item. Puzzled by this, I asked if that meant making sure that it will have the correct housing over the USB ports. I was told that that was indeed what they are doing so I asked how that can possibly have taken them 10 days and counting as all it involves is opening the box and looking at the TV for a few seconds. That was met with silence and then a half hearted apology for the inconvenience, being assured that the original operator I spoke to is still investigating the matter and me being told yet again to just wait for his email.


I am really not happy with the way they are giving me the runaround so what should I do? Wait till another 48hrs has passed and then call again? Or just phone now and ask to speak to a supervisor? The way things have been going I could well imagine another week going by and hearing nothing. I'm also not too sure I actually want a TV that has been opened up in their warehouse as then there is the element of doubt as to whether or not it is actually brand new. The chances of a second TV having the same fault are incredibly slim anyway so I'm not sure why they even need to take this measure. Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.



Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...