Consumer Credit (Exempt Agreements) Order 1989, Article 3 (1)

teachme2teachu

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone! I have recently sent a CCA request to Westcot in connection with an alleged unpaid BT phone bill. Today I have received the CCA back along with the fee of £1. Included was a short note as follows:

"Following your request for a copy of the signed agreement we can confirm that this account falls under the following legislation, Consumer Credit (Exempt Agreements) Order 1989, Article 3 (1) and is therefore enforceable.

Trusting the above clarifies the situation"

I have read the above CCA and am under the impression that this piece of legislation applies to Fixed Term loans for a specified amount payable in no more than four payments, over a period not exceeding 12 months without interest or other added charges.

The former agreement with BT was for ongoing services i.e. the provision of a landline which was billed quarterly on the basis of its use and included fixed hire charges.

I have looked at the list of companies whose agreements fall within a category covered by this legislation and BT do not appear there.

Are Westcot mis-quoting legislation? Should I send them a CCA non compliance letter?

Anyone who can offer advice on this issue will be greatly appreciated. I was feeling quite confident in my handling of DCA,s but this reply has knocked me slightly askew:-o

DON'T LET THEM GRIND YOU DOWN!!!:nono: