trouble with new HP Mini Netbook from Laptops Direct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a HP Compaq Mini Netbook for my daughter. I ordered it on 19 Oct and took delivery on 27 October. The outer case of the netbook was off when I received it, and there was damage to the interior of the unit (specifically where the battery inserts and the serial number is located). I reported the item damaged on friday 29 october...when I tried to contact them again by phone on monday, I was shuffled from department to department and told someone would look into it. I sent several emessages regarding this damage. Over the weekend the screen failed is obviously broken as well. When I rang them today and spoke to someone at their customer service centre, they instructed me to complete a return form so the unit could be replaced. When I completed this form, I was told they would not accept it returned as I didn't report the damage within the 48 hour time limit. They say they have no record of me being in contact with them prior to today even though I have been phoning them since last friday. Today is the 7th day of being in receipt of this unit and the last day I can act under the Distance Selling Regulations. They also refuse me the right to cancel this order and return the goods since they are not in 'pristine' condition. My daughter is gutted. What can I do to get this unit replaced? Any help would be much appreciated.