stephen2010

Part-time employment.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3571 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey everyone:wink:

I have just been offered a job after being unemployed for the last year. The job is 20 hours per week and minimal wage. I currently get housing benefit and pay just over 23 pounds per month for council taxes.

I told the employer that I will let them know If I will take this job in the next 24 hours. Really I need to know If am going to be any better off and what benefit entitlement I have?

Thanks for any help In advance! stephen :|

Hello there.

I don't know the answer to your question, sorry, but while you're waiting for the guys [and they may not come along until this evening] you could try the DWP online benefits calculator and I believe there are others. If you're having trouble finding the DWP and you could try via the directgov website, please repost and I'll try to help you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hey everyone:wink:

I have just been offered a job after being unemployed for the last year. The job is 20 hours per week and minimal wage. I currently get housing benefit and pay just over 23 pounds per month for council taxes.

I told the employer that I will let them know If I will take this job in the next 24 hours. Really I need to know If am going to be any better off and what benefit entitlement I have?

Thanks for any help In advance! stephen :|

Here You Go...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DoItOnlineByCategory/DG_172666

Hope this helps