Jump to content

Non-compliance with deposit scheme and landlord and agents both changed name

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3573 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I need some advice surrounding who to address my claim to for noncompliance with deposit scheme regulations in the UK. The Assured Shorthold Tenancy was signed in the name of the landlord with the estate agent - who we paid our deposit to - as the managing agent of the landlord.

They have been dishonest and lied about the deposit being protected - its all in writing and i feel we have a good case against them for small claims court.


However since the signing of the tenancy contract the real estate agents told us that we had to pay rent into a different account, that the name of the company has changed - but nothing else would change ie. its the same lady working there, same address etc.Later they decided they want to change the name of the landlord to his wifes name - however we have never signed any new contract with them so no AST in the wifes name. I have tried doing a company search on the original name of the estate agents and can not even find them as a dissolved company.


Who do i address my claim to??? I feel they are acting very dodgy in the way they have changed both landlord and agents names in an effort to evade their liability...


1. does this mean i address my claim to the estate agents as the landlords managing agents under their new trading name? Because if i address the claim to the original estate agents name they could probably defend that that company doesnt exist ( or from what i can see from a company search never did exist ).


2. Do i also send the claim to the original landlord?


3. Should i do a property search and find the actual name of the owner? The one owner owns all 12 flats.


Any help with this would be appreciated, i have everything else i need to file the claim....!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...