Capital One paperless bills fiasco

pussycat10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a very small balance on a Cap one card about 2 years ago and they stopped sending statements. I started getting the calls from india and kept asking for a statement so I knew what to pay. Never recieved anything. Whilst all this was going on we moved and were still getting the calls. Advised the caller of ourt new address and repeatedly asked for statements but no joy. Didn`t hear anything so assumed balance was clear. Checked my Credit file and it was showing a default and a balance of just over £100. Have tried speaking to Cap One today, on a recorded call, they have refused to send any statements claiming I signed up for "paperless Billing" I have no knowledge of ever doing this and simply would not have done. I spoke to a manager ( india) who refused to put me through to someone in the uk and again refused to send a statement just claimed I owed £xxx. I have never recieved a default notice, have asked him to put the account into dispute etc but they wont do anything. Any thoughts ? I just want to clear the mess up and clear my credit rating.